Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Where Is It?

Unread post by Michael »

Is this Barron Street looking west towards Morton Salt?
https://goo.gl/maps/5d3Tjg78t6T2
ConrailDetr​oit wrote:ImageIMG_1109 by tcamp7837, on Flickr

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

Correct.

This was switched by a Conrail Job out of River Rouge Yard after making a reverse move at Delray and onto CSX. The spur crossed the Forman Wye and Gates St.

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railrod1949 »

ConrailDetr​oit wrote:Correct.

This was switched by a Conrail Job out of River Rouge Yard after making a reverse move at Delray and onto CSX. The spur crossed the Forman Wye and Gates St.
Yes, I recognized, that location. It's the old Conrail spur to the Morton Salt Company plant on Flora Street and the CRH Ready Mix on Forman Street from the connection with the Conrail Detroit Line at Delray with reverse move onto CSX. The spur crossed the Forman Wye, and Gates and Forman streets toward the Rouge River. All in Detroit, Detroit Public Schools district, Wayne County. Its have a Detroit, MI 48209.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Based on the tires sitting out, overgrown sidewalks, thinking Detroitland?
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Is this the produce warehouse near Milwaukee Jct?
Michael wrote:Image
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

You guys are right about it being Detroit but it is not Milwaukee Junction.
There are active tracks off in the distance near the old water tower
AARR wrote:Is this the produce warehouse near Milwaukee Jct?

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Michael wrote:You guys are right about it being Detroit but it is not Milwaukee Junction.
There are active tracks off in the distance near the old water tower
AARR wrote:Is this the produce warehouse near Milwaukee Jct?
I don't see any active tracks near downtown Detroit where the old water tower is located. It's off the connection with the Detroit Connecting RR. I think ConrailDetroit know the location in the above shot.

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

CSX runs on those "Active Tracks" by the water tower. :wink:

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

[quote="ConrailDetr​oit"]CSX runs on those "Active Tracks" by the water tower. :wink:[/quot

Got it finally!! North end of Hammond Street, just south of Michigan Avenue (US-12). Building in the shot above is Olympic Steel. The southeast end of the CSX West Detroit Branch is north of the Edsel Ford Expressway (I-94). The old Water Tower is located between the Ford Expressway and Buchanan Street. All in Detroit, Detroit Public Schools district, Wayne County.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

You got it. I knew ConrailDetroit would know it too. There are several embedded rails along that area.
I meant "active tracks" more in the sense of not abandoned. :)

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Hidden in plain sight...

Tracks are in place here, but gone for a half of a mile north of the pictured location. In fact they stop right at the bushes on the right side of the photo. This spur has been featured on this thread before, so hopefully that might help if one bothers to look back. Any later in the year and the rails are hidden in the weeds, so most people might not even realize they are still here! Rails are nearly buried in the dirt themselves. Development to the north of this spot has made it virtually impossible to see trains in this spot again unless a building came down, so I doubt these rails will have a future.
Attachments
photo1.jpg
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

MQT1223 wrote:Hidden in plain sight...

Tracks are in place here, but gone for a half of a mile north of the pictured location. In fact they stop right at the bushes on the right side of the photo. This spur has been featured on this thread before, so hopefully that might help if one bothers to look back. Any later in the year and the rails are hidden in the weeds, so most people might not even realize they are still here! Rails are nearly buried in the dirt themselves. Development to the north of this spot has made it virtually impossible to see trains in this spot again unless a building came down, so I doubt these rails will have a future.
I'm thinking you are at 3990 Roger B Chaffee Memorial Blvd SE in Grand Rapids looking at AutoMatrix?
Webmaster

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

~Z~ wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:Hidden in plain sight...

I'm thinking you are at 3990 Roger B Chaffee Memorial Blvd SE in Grand Rapids looking at AutoMatrix?
Yes,argeed, That's the place at 3990 Roger B Chaffee Memorial Blvd., SE in Grand Rapids.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Very impressive Mr. Admin... very impressive.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

EWRice
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by EWRice »

Where am I?
Attachments
2017-04-24 11.40.11.jpg

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

EWRice wrote:Where am I?
Looks like you are in Grand Haven. Seen in the D Baker & Son Lumber parking lot, looking south at the middle school football field lights in the distance, Charter Communications across the tracks.
Webmaster

EWRice
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by EWRice »

Too easy. I will have to drive deeper.

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

~Z~ wrote:
EWRice wrote:Where am I?
Looks like you are in Grand Haven. Seen in the D Baker & Son Lumber parking lot, looking south at the middle school football field lights in the distance, Charter Communications across the tracks.

Yes, that's looking south along the Mid Michigan RR toward Grant Avenue from the Pennoyer Avenue crossing. D Baker and Son Lumber on the right and Charter Communications on the left. All in Grand Haven, Grand Haven Area Public Schools district, Ottawa County. The former C&O Railway line run between Muskegon and Holland.

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

ImageIMG_2018 by tcamp7837, on Flickr