GLC: Clare to Owosso

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Todd_F
Railroadfan...fan

GLC: Clare to Owosso

Unread post by Todd_F »

Here's a little GLC action I filmed on 4/7/17 around Clare and various locations on the way back to Owosso. My apologies if I got the names wrong on these trains but since both trains were filmed in Clare at the same time, I simply refer to the train from Cadillac as the Cadillac Turn and the Owosso train as the Owosso Turn just to clarify which train is which. They did far more moving around town than I expected. Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDCcUBSpr8E
You know that little voice in your head? My wife says I lack that.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: GLC: Clare to Owosso

Unread post by AARR »

Well done, Todd. I like your video. It's enjoyable watching the GLC trains work Clare and move around town.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Todd_F
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Todd_F »

AARR wrote:Well done, Todd. I like your video. It's enjoyable watching the GLC trains work Clare and move around town.
Thank you for the compliment! It is quite enjoyable. I hope I have the opportunity to do it again soon.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I just noticed something. The covered hopper dropped off at Shepherd was at the plastics plant north of town.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Todd_F
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Todd_F »

AARR wrote:I just noticed something. The covered hopper dropped off at Shepherd was at the plastics plant north of town.
You mean north of Clare? Interesting. I did not see where this hopper was collected, or by whom, and it obviously didn't come in on the Cadillac train. When I arrived in Clare around 10am, there were only 4 cars in the yard (I can't remember if they where hopper or tank cars as I just drove by briefly).

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

A covered hopper is at the head end of the train when it leaves Clare returning to Owosso but isn't there when you video it going through Shepherd. You said it dropped it off in town. The place would have been the small plastics plant at the north end of Shepherd.
Todd_F wrote:
AARR wrote:I just noticed something. The covered hopper dropped off at Shepherd was at the plastics plant north of town.
You mean north of Clare? Interesting. I did not see where this hopper was collected, or by whom, and it obviously didn't come in on the Cadillac train. When I arrived in Clare around 10am, there were only 4 cars in the yard (I can't remember if they where hopper or tank cars as I just drove by briefly).

Todd_F
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Todd_F »

AARR wrote:A covered hopper is at the head end of the train when it leaves Clare returning to Owosso but isn't there when you video it going through Shepherd. You said it dropped it off in town. The place would have been the small plastics plant at the north end of Shepherd.
Todd_F wrote:
Ah, thanks! I was confused - thought you were implying the hopper came from somewhere north of Clare. :D I did not see that plastics place tucked away back there and was perplexed as to WHY they would drop plastic off at a grain facility. :lol:

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

The reason I'm referred to being Irrelevant is because I know where these little obscure rail customers are located :lol:
Todd_F wrote:Ah, thanks! I was confused - thought you were implying the hopper came from somewhere north of Clare. :D I did not see that plastics place tucked away back there and was perplexed as to WHY they would drop plastic off at a grain facility. :lol:

Todd_F
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Todd_F »

AARR wrote:The reason I'm referred to being Irrelevant is because I know where these little obscure rail customers are located :lol:
Todd_F wrote:Ah, thanks! I was confused - thought you were implying the hopper came from somewhere north of Clare. :D I did not see that plastics place tucked away back there and was perplexed as to WHY they would drop plastic off at a grain facility. :lol:
There is a fine line between useless and useful information - I would categorize your info as the latter. :D