CN Newberry Switcher 10/6/16

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
JStryker722
Railroadfan...fan

CN Newberry Switcher 10/6/16

Unread post by JStryker722 »

Pulling into Timber Charlie's in Newberry for Lunch before heading home from having stayed in Paradise for a few days,I caught the CN local based in Newberry go on-duty.This was around 11am.
Attachments
20161006_105110.jpg
20161006_104924.jpg
20161006_104712.jpg
My Wife says my first love is trains..anint that the truth! Lol :D

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CN Newberry Switcher 10/6/16

Unread post by NS3322 »

I caught some action on the Newberry Branch back in July.

Last edited by NS3322 on Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

JStryker722
Railroadfan...fan

I gotta ask: is Newberry on an CN branch or the mainline and what is the track speed on the line? All I know is that I believe its the same line to follows M-28 to Munising it seemed like.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Newberry is on the branch that originates in Trout Lake and ends in Munising. There's a lot of history to it and at one time was a main line from St. Ignace to Ashland, WI going through Marquette and Nestoria.
JStryker722 wrote:I gotta ask: is Newberry on an CN branch or the mainline and what is the track speed on the line? All I know is that I believe its the same line to follows M-28 to Munising it seemed like.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

JStryker722
Railroadfan...fan

Where do they go to pick up their cars for the branch to Munising? It does seem like they are profitable enough that the track looks heavy-duty and well maintained. Also where does the mainline at Trout Lake begin and end?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

The Newberry local picks up and sets out cars at Trout Lake. Trout Lake is on a line that begins in Green Bay and ends in St. Ste. Marie. In both GB and SSM they connect with other lines that go across North America.
JStryker722 wrote:Where do they go to pick up their cars for the branch to Munising? It does seem like they are profitable enough that the track looks heavy-duty and well maintained. Also where does the mainline at Trout Lake begin and end?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...