100 American Freight Trains

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

100 American Freight Trains

Unread post by Saturnalia »

100 American Freight Trains!

American freight railroading is a scene full of high-horsepower, heavy rail, and even heavier trains.

With contemporary locomotives producing over 4000 horsepower each, trains reaching lengths of 15,000 feet and tipping the scales at over 20,000 tons, the sight of even an average freight train is one impressive sight.

In this edition of the Thornapple River Rail Series, we've compiled short scenes of 100 varied American Freight Trains, from nearly all the major Class Is to a handful of smaller shortlines.

This production showcases both the industrial might, and varied nature, that makes North American Railroading one of the greatest shows on Earth!

All scenes shot in either 2015 or 2016.

Thanks for watching! Don’t forget to share this video, like and subscribe to Thornapple River Rail Series!

Like TRRS on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/thornappleriverproductions

Recorded with a Sony PJ790 Camcorder
Edited with Cyberlink PowerDirector 13

Copyright 2016 Thornapple River Rail Series

Unauthorized copying/redistribution/re-transmission of this production is STRICTLY PROHIBITED in accordance with US & International Copyright Law. Violators beware!
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: 100 American Freight Trains

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks for your work and posting, Saturn. I like it. I'll watch it now and then until finished.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

I'd be more impressed if you shoot 100 Irish freight trains. I spent a week there and only saw one moving.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

The title reminds me of those annoying rehash shows you see on PBS during their three week barrage of pledge week fodder. The ones where they keep showing the latest or rehashed Greatest American train rides or scenic passenger journies..Thanks for sharing the video with us..
Exit stage left

Tier4GEVO
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Tier4GEVO »

redside20 wrote:The title reminds me of those annoying rehash shows you see on PBS during their three week barrage of pledge week fodder. The ones where they keep showing the latest or rehashed Greatest American train rides or scenic passenger journies..Thanks for sharing the video with us..
American Freight Trains makes it a view magnet for people outside the US. Pretty clever title. The more vague and generalized I've been with titles, seemed to only benefit me for some reason because it attracts a wider range of audience besides the same people who always view the content.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Tier4GEVO wrote:
redside20 wrote:The title reminds me of those annoying rehash shows you see on PBS during their three week barrage of pledge week fodder. The ones where they keep showing the latest or rehashed Greatest American train rides or scenic passenger journies..Thanks for sharing the video with us..
American Freight Trains makes it a view magnet for people outside the US. Pretty clever title. The more vague and generalized I've been with titles, seemed to only benefit me for some reason because it attracts a wider range of audience besides the same people who always view the content.
Brevity with titles is always good as well. There are a few YouTubers currently who seem to prefer to write their description in the title box! :lol:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Tier4GEVO
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Tier4GEVO »

Saturnalia wrote:
Tier4GEVO wrote:
Brevity with titles is always good as well. There are a few YouTubers currently who seem to prefer to write their description in the title box! :lol:
I know what you mean. I try to keep it to the point, but still by providing details so viewers have a general idea what the video is about. When you have a huge compilation, it becomes a lot harder to put a name to all however-many clips there are.