Progress of Michigan Line M/W?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Re: Progress of Michigan Line M/W?

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

Two old Conrail cabooses are still haunting Jackson Yard one is a wide vision style the other is a transfer style.
There's a wide vision Conrail caboose floating around Jackson yard? Haven't seen one of those in YEARS and longer! Bay windows and transfers can still be seen in a few various yards. Any photos?

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

Pretty sure that the wide vision caboose had been in Jackson for quite some time now, we photographed it a couple years ago when visiting the Amtrak exhibit train in Jackson, so at least 2011
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:Pretty sure that the wide vision caboose had been in Jackson for quite some time now, we photographed it a couple years ago when visiting the Amtrak exhibit train in Jackson, so at least 2011
That would be a bay window caboose, been there for years. I'm curious as to where the transfer caboose came from. Unless I missed a caboose on 38E, which is highly plausible. There was an old transfer hack that went west about... Must be 4-5 years ago. Wonder if its the same one.
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut