Breaking news: AA selling north of Ann Arbor

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Breaking news: AA selling north of Ann Arbor

Unread post by Ypsi »

AA has reach an agreement with Great Lakes holding to sell the northern part of the Ann Arbor railroad.

The AA will retain the lower 50 miles from osmer to Toledo. This includes interchanges and yards at osmer, Ann Arbor, Saline, Milan, Di-Ann, and Toledo. We also retain rights to run 2 daily intermodal trains from Toledo to mackinaw.

GLH LLC will get all of our tracks yards and interchanges north of osmer along with 6 SD70ACe's, and all of our dash 8s.

Closing price of the sale is $535 million. Expect official transfer of ownership to take place in the next 3 weeks.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: Breaking news: AA selling north of Ann Arbor

Unread post by Saturnalia »

What specific things will happen with the Gaylord-Mackinac section? Will you still be operating passenger trains?
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

So basically you have shrank down to the limits of the real AA that exists today :)
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Yes I did :lol: but improved ;)

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

MQT3001 wrote:What specific things will happen with the Gaylord-Mackinac section? Will you still be operating passenger trains?
We will operate the passenger trains. We will get trackage rights on the AA from Ann Arbor to Toledo, and we will operate a train that is much better than Marquette Rail's. :twisted: It will be faster, more comfortable, and operate year-round. It will be named the Northern Arrow. BTW Ypsi, what is the train consist?

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Well I own the cars and they were not included in the sale... I'm holding on to them for expanding my business train

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

59caddy wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:What specific things will happen with the Gaylord-Mackinac section? Will you still be operating passenger trains?
We will operate the passenger trains. We will get trackage rights on the AA from Ann Arbor to Toledo, and we will operate a train that is much better than Marquette Rail's. :twisted: It will be faster, more comfortable, and operate year-round. It will be named the Northern Arrow. BTW Ypsi, what is the train consist?
You cannot forget that when we sold the line to the AA, we retained ALL passenger rights, and the Northern Arrow has been approved for 3 trains in each direction. Marquette gets passenger rights whenever we want, with full line priorities. We have a 50/50 stake in the Mackinac station, and own several of the yard tracks there.

Did I mention we're also pre-cleared for steam? The old AA contract also requires clearance for steam excursions carrying passengers, separate from other passenger.

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

MQT3001 wrote:
59caddy wrote:
You cannot forget that when we sold the line to the AA, we retained ALL passenger rights, and the Northern Arrow has been approved for 3 trains in each direction. Marquette gets passenger rights whenever we want, with full line priorities. We have a 50/50 stake in the Mackinac station, and own several of the yard tracks there.

Did I mention we're also pre-cleared for steam? The old AA contract also requires clearance for steam excursions carrying passengers, separate from other passenger.
I'll tell ya what, if you can wait about a year with no passenger trains, I'll let you purchase the rights to the Northern Arrow, complete with 4 P42's and a set of 35 former VIA Rail cars that make two 15-car consists, with 5 backup cars. 8)

Trouble is, if you do this, I won't be able to launch my proposed train ferry service to the UP that can run the train up there, as I would not have enough time to do so.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

You can run your trains, that is just fine, and we're okay with almost anything you come up with, we just want to be sure we get our money's worth of our passenger excursions...

The reason we sold the line to the AA is they wanted to run passenger, passenger we couldn't run ourselves. We had limited interest with not a ton of freight on the line besides passenger, so we let the AA have it and we kept our passenger interests.

Like I said, we're alright with just about anything (including a ferry), and would love to partner in stuff if worthwhile, including the ferry. We're in this to make $$$, after all... :lol:

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

I barely used it for passengers. I use it for intermodal (which I still am and have the rights to). Passenger should only be tri-weekly if you want to be effective. Check my plans caddy, read back and read up. I had some good things ;) and btw guys as owner of AA I will still be parenting MTR (MoTown Rail) so I will update that again.

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:I barely used it for passengers. I use it for intermodal (which I still am and have the rights to). Passenger should only be tri-weekly if you want to be effective. Check my plans caddy, read back and read up. I had some good things ;) and btw guys as owner of AA I will still be parenting MTR (MoTown Rail) so I will update that again.
Wanna be nice about this, but could we purchase the MTR?

Also, we will only operate passenger train ferries if we purchase E&LS :wink:

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

No MTR is NOT FOR SALE. :lol:

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

I will say that MQT has it's 50% stake in the ownership and ops of the Mackinac Station, yet we have not run anything routinely scheduled yet. That reminds me, did we ever put that NW connector at Ann Pere in Ypsi?

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Yeah I think so. If not its no longer my problem ;)

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:Yeah I think so. If not its no longer my problem ;)
Just confirming it's in. I know we scheduled it, but I wasn't sure it "happened", and didn't want to dig :lol: :wink:

But yeah, I've got new people to deal with at Ann Pere. FYI Caddy, just as in real life, the diamond is controlled by the old PM, in this scenario MQT. You have the same priorities as MQT trains, ranging from Class 1 to Class 5. Tone dispatch about 2 miles out, you guys are wired to alert them about 10 miles in advance, however.

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

STOP THE PRESSES! Osmer to Alma michigan had been sold for a hefty "undisclosed amount". The deal with GLC LLC (59Caddy's holding company) will still stand, but there are new deals to be worked out now.

The section of track has been sold to a buy who has asked to be annymous for now will be about 90-100 miles of track. 59caddy, you can have the rest for less money, and same stipulations (no using AA and colors blah blah blah :lol:) and in the deal we can probably work out trackage rights and such.

More details later. Original sale plans now Void.

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:STOP THE PRESSES! Osmer to Alma michigan had been sold for a hefty "undisclosed amount". The deal with GLC LLC (59Caddy's holding company) will still stand, but there are new deals to be worked out now.

The section of track has been sold to a buy who has asked to be annymous for now will be about 90-100 miles of track. 59caddy, you can have the rest for less money, and same stipulations (no using AA and colors blah blah blah :lol:) and in the deal we can probably work out trackage rights and such.

More details later. Original sale plans now Void.
Wasn't quite clear to me, so what's going on here?

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

I received a Better offer on a small portion of the line that I had originally agreed to sell for $535 million.. The new offer was much better based on the miles of track sold. It is nothing personal 59caddy, just business. You can still have the rest of my northern line, and I'm sure we can work out trackage rights (you know have Frankfort to alma and Owosso to mackinaw including all business and branches on those lines) I will make sure 59cadfy has rights to Owosso to line his lines.

59caddy, new number is $335 million which should be under a million a mile (much better deal) and still includes all of the engines I promised.

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:I received a Better offer on a small portion of the line that I had originally agreed to sell for $535 million.. The new offer was much better based on the miles of track sold. It is nothing personal 59caddy, just business. You can still have the rest of my northern line, and I'm sure we can work out trackage rights (you know have Frankfort to alma and Owosso to mackinaw including all business and branches on those lines) I will make sure 59cadfy has rights to Owosso to line his lines.

59caddy, new number is $335 million which should be under a million a mile (much better deal) and still includes all of the engines I promised.
That's fine, who is the new owner of the rest of the tracks?

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

I've been told his new RR will be announced either this evening or tomorrow(ish) :lol: