AA

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: AA

Unread post by Saturnalia »

The Marquette Management has okayed the re-laying of tracks between Evart & Clare. We will be using the old rail-trail. The State has signed off under the condition we allow the trail to stay with 10ft clearance. The Tracks will be rebuilt over the trail, and the trail moved to the south. We need to figure out a connection track in Clare so our trains can go EB to NB to Mackinac.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

Ok. I forget to we interchange in clare? i know you have the passenger rights up the line.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:Ok. I forget to we interchange in clare? i know you have the passenger rights up the line.
The old PM was removed between Clare and Baldwin. In our scenario, the tracks were only pulled from Evart to Clare. In real life, the GLC still controls some of the old Saginaw-Ludington line. Our re-installation would give us Ownership to the Clare city line, then it's all yours. No plans for interchange, there is nothing we have that get sent up the way we can't put at Ann Pere.

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Running a plow extra up from Toledo today, 2 SD70ACes are pusing the plow north as we speak. Clear Willis Road

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

AA 100 North has arrived in Owosso, is turning on the Wye then heading to Ann Arbor where they will hand the train over to our GP35s. Train is now AA 100 South

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

There will be Tri-Weekly Auto trains to go up to Mackinaw City from Toledo.

The North Bound Train will run in the Morning and the Southbound train will run in the Evening.
YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:Trains between Toledo and Mackinaw
AA11 (auto train) load in Toledo between 7-8:30 am, depart at 9 am. Arrive Mackinaw at 2:30 pm.
AA12 (auto train) load in Mackinaw between 4:30-6:00 pm, depart Mackinaw at 6:30 pm. Arrive Toledo at 11 pm.
AA11 will have full service Breakfast and Lunch and have a cafe car. Train AA12 will have a cafe car and Full Dinner Service.

Consist and new coach rosters will be coming soon, The current plan calls for 3 classes of seating, Coach, Business, and 1st class. Coach will be normal coach seats with access to cafe car and the ability to make dinning reservations on the train. Business Class will be larger more comfortable seats in Dome cars along with 2 complementary sodas and snacks. 1st Class will be a private room for up to 6 passengers and will include 2 full meals for up to 4 people (if more then 4 people more meals can be ordered at a discount). The Auto trains will be ran by amtrak, and funded by the AA and the State of Michigan. Amtrak will be sending over 4 P32-8s to be assigned to the run, and AA freight engines can lead the train if they need more power/ an engine needs servicing.

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Consist info for summer Auto trains (normal consist):

AMTK Dash 8
AMTK Dash 8
Crew car
Crew car
Coach
Coach
Coach
Coach/ Dome
Cafe/ Dome
Bar/ Grill
Lounge
Dining Car
Business class
Business class
Business class
Business class/ cafe/ Dome
Bar/ Grill
Lounge
Dining car
1st class
1st class
1st class
Lounge/ Dome
Crew car
Auto Carriers
ect.

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

TF-2 has detailed at mp 35, about 10 miles south of Ann Arbor. Trains FT-1 and the local between AA an Toledo will e detouring over HCE this evening. We will combine the local and FT-1 at ferry yard, swap out all of the power for 3 4 axle units. Leader will be gp35 390 (DTI themed heritage), then a gp38-2, and a sw1500. Train will be Ann Arbor at 7:00pm. Departing for saline at 7:20pm after combing trains. Once at saline a pilot crew will board the train then they will head to Manchester then south to Toledo. Derailment should be all picked up by midnight or 1 am ish.

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

AA is running a business train from Toledo to Ann Arbor, then to Detroit for the grand opening of the Motown Rail Detroit line and Plymouth loop. the lines started operating this morning, but the official "ribion cutting is at 5 pm this afternoon.

Train has been prepared and is departing Toledo

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heartlandguy »

Would you like to interchange with the Detroit Southern at Diann? The yard tracks and connection are still in place...
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

naw, Thanks though. we are also surveying the Motown rail routes. They run up to AA on our line, and then over the MI line to DET. AA is still the "big brother" of MTR :)

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Just rolled out of the paint shop, our 3rd caboose. This is the "Pure Michigan" Theme based off of the GP60Bs that were painted up in Pure Michigan last summer

cfriedri
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by cfriedri »

Nice caboose! I'm going to have to get in on the Paper Railroads Forum myself here soon after seeing what the AA keeps coming out with! :lol:
Connor

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

cfriedri wrote:Nice caboose! I'm going to have to get in on the Paper Railroads Forum myself here soon after seeing what the AA keeps coming out with! :lol:
If you are interested, you can take over the MQT's Detroit Ops. This includes Rougemere.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

MQT3001 wrote:
cfriedri wrote:Nice caboose! I'm going to have to get in on the Paper Railroads Forum myself here soon after seeing what the AA keeps coming out with! :lol:
If you are interested, you can take over the MQT's Detroit Ops. This includes Rougemere.
Maybe we should draw up an updated map...
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

cfriedri
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by cfriedri »

MQT3001 wrote:
Thanks for the offer but I think I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do. Hopefully I'll get it up and running here soon. :wink:
Connor

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Been a long time, but I'm still here.. Schools almost done, so ill have a little time to paper RR this summer. Lets see what to be done.. Does anyone even still interchange with me lol? I can't remember and it has been a long time since I've been in paper RR world. Can someone catch me up? :)

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:Been a long time, but I'm still here.. Schools almost done, so ill have a little time to paper RR this summer. Lets see what to be done.. Does anyone even still interchange with me lol? I can't remember and it has been a long time since I've been in paper RR world. Can someone catch me up? :)
On the MQT side, still interchange at Ann Pere. We still have passenger rights on the Mackinac sub from Gaylord to Mackinac. We are still studying re-laying track from Evart to Clare for a new connection for passenger purposes.

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Roger that MQT. You reminded me, my summer auto trains will start on Monday June 10th, they will run north from AA Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and run south Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Prices and timetable to come soon, train operated by AA using Amtrak p32's and coaches jointly purchased by the state if Michigan and AA (painted phase 3).

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

How much would it cost to put in a connection track in the NW quadrant of the AnnPere Diamonds? Currently there is only one in the SW...