Looking to Buy Some Road Slugs

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

Looking to Buy Some Road Slugs

Unread post by legostudios34 »

Does anyone have any 4-axle Road Slugs available for sale? The shops at High Point could build them but we need 6 soon to run with our GP35s on our new coal trains we will start running next week. We were looking for some SD45s to run on these trains instead but we can't find any. We would buy some new SD70ACes but we really can't afford them. So if anyone has any slugs for sale that would be great.
Last edited by legostudios34 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baxter Barnes. 21. Alabama.
Meow. Now you know how to speak cat. -Flickr

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: Looking to Buys Some Road Slugs

Unread post by Saturnalia »

We have loads of GP60B units and GP60W (wide -cab) units we can sell/lease. We could convert them to pure slugs if you want for a small fee, since we'd get to keep the still-good prime movers. We also have loads of SWs we can convert to slugs, even slugs with cabs, so just the engine removed. Let us know.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

MQT3001 wrote:We have loads of GP60B units and GP60W (wide -cab) units we can sell/lease. We could convert them to pure slugs if you want for a small fee, since we'd get to keep the still-good prime movers. We also have loads of SWs we can convert to slugs, even slugs with cabs, so just the engine removed. Let us know.
When can you have them ready? The first 2 loaded trains are scheduled for Tuesday? We would like them made out of the GP60Ws, as they need to have cabs and we need extra space for weight over the SW units. I'm not gonna make any deals yet, I'm gonna see if anyone has slugs ready to go that they'd sale.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

legostudios34 wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:We have loads of GP60B units and GP60W (wide -cab) units we can sell/lease. We could convert them to pure slugs if you want for a small fee, since we'd get to keep the still-good prime movers. We also have loads of SWs we can convert to slugs, even slugs with cabs, so just the engine removed. Let us know.
When can you have them ready? The first 2 loaded trains are scheduled for Tuesday? We would like them made out of the GP60Ws, as they need to have cabs and we need extra space for weight over the SW units. I'm not gonna make any deals yet, I'm gonna see if anyone has slugs ready to go that they'd sale.
We can send down some of our normal GP60Ws tomorrow (so they'd be there this weekend)(also, they're free if you purchase the slugs), then work on the conversions. We can do one per day, so delivery is based on how many units you want.

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

MQT3001 wrote:
legostudios34 wrote:
We can send down some of our normal GP60Ws tomorrow (so they'd be there this weekend)(also, they're free if you purchase the slugs), then work on the conversions. We can do one per day, so delivery is based on how many units you want.
We dont need any powered GP60Ws, just the slugs. We need 6 slugs, so start tomorrow if you can. That way we could get them early in the week after next. We can spare 5 GP35s per coal train until then.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

legostudios34 wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:
legostudios34 wrote:
We dont need any powered GP60Ws, just the slugs. We need 6 slugs, so start tomorrow if you can. That way we could get them early in the week after next. We can spare 5 GP35s per coal train until then.
Okedokee. We'll even have our shops do some weekend time, so we can do two in one day. The units are scheduled to be pulled from Ensel tonight, and send west with the Ensel power which needs to be moved anyway. If all goes well, they should be on the road Tuesday. What is your preferred shipping route? We've got connections with the PC, TSCR, Monon, and CSX (directly, anyways)

Also, what will these be mated too?

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

Re: Looking to Buy Some Road Slugs

Send them CSX to Birmingham, AL. They're gonna be mated to GP35s.

ES44AH
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ES44AH »

Ive got 2, they are built from the frames U25Bs. Both are former MILW units.
Western Maryland-The Fast Freight Line.

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

ES44AH wrote:Ive got 2, they are built from the frames U25Bs. Both are former MILW units.
Sorry, I need 6. I'm getting MQT to convert some GP60Ws.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

legostudios34 wrote:Send them CSX to Birmingham, AL. They're gonna be mated to GP35s.
Okay sounds like a plan. Mating to 35s will be pretty easy, especially considering our shop forces have recently rebuilt all of ours. Our Ensel Yard crew is pulling them right now before heading to GR as W-LANGRR-14.

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

MQT3001 wrote:
legostudios34 wrote:Send them CSX to Birmingham, AL. They're gonna be mated to GP35s.
Okay sounds like a plan. Mating to 35s will be pretty easy, especially considering our shop forces have recently rebuilt all of ours. Our Ensel Yard crew is pulling them right now before heading to GR as W-LANGRR-14.
What will the price for all 6 be?

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

legostudios34 wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:
What will the price for all 6 be?
I was thinking $80,000 per unit, rebuild included. I'd be willing to negotiate though.

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

I was hoping for more like 65000 each.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

legostudios34 wrote:I was hoping for more like 65000 each.
70,000 and you have a deal. Shipping included as well.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

You could lease some of TSCR's SD45-2's if you want? DTCX also has SD50's at an affordable price for lease. As for the slugs, I don't have an answer for that.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

MQT3001 wrote:
Alright, 70000.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

legostudios34 wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:
Alright, 70000.
Everything is in place then. Lite power move is currently westbound in the hole at Elmdale for a late M-GRRTOL2-14.