Paper Railroads Group Information Thread

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
Michigan Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Paper Railroads Group Information Thread

Unread post by Michigan Railfan »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:
Michigan Railfan wrote:I'm pretty sure CN still owns the tracks from Detroit-Toledo. The DR&EC would be willing to help fund for the station, assuming we also get to use it when our commuter system starts up.
Ok I'll contact CN and work with you for the station as long as I get the game day trains

Yep, you still get the game day trains. We'll be in touch about funding the station. Where is the exact location of the station? I'll see if we can get it double tracked through there (Detroit is our main station hub for our commuter trains).
Jake
Railroading YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/trainster100
Aviation YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dtwdelta763

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

It will take time... Maybe even street running but I'll see what I can do working with CN and the city. Exact location has not Been determined but it should be within a block of ford field
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Just an FYI I'm going to be away from consistant Internet access for a few days so if I don't get right back to you guys don't be offended :)
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

davidcarter2
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by davidcarter2 »

We all need to get away from time to time

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

Attention: I am proposing a Detroit area commuter train service. This service will be from Detroit to AA, Toledo, PNT, and to plymouth. I am not sure what lines will be used, but I am intrested in finding partners, or getting trackage rights. I plan on having daily trains over many routes and to eliminate the AAs commuter operations compleatly. MI RF you are the only one that I know of with tracks in the area (MI line and ford field street running that we operate) anyone else who is intrested post here. I need approval from area railroads to start the project which I plan to have running on the MI line to AA and up to PNT by feb if all goes as planned. The AA is planning on selling all of its comuter coaches to the service, and serve as a "big brother" to the line. AA can do engine work until they get a terminal and I will be in charge of the service until it grows enough. we will only use amtrak stations at first until more platforms can be consturcted.

The service is to be called Motown Rail (MTRC)

This is as far as I go so far, so chime in if I can use your routes or if you want to be a partner.

you can only be a partner if you own a line that the service will operate over, MI line, AARR, Plyomuth Sub, Holly Sub, Detroit Line (i used what I believe are the real world names)
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:Attention: I am proposing a Detroit area commuter train service. This service will be from Detroit to AA, Toledo, PNT, and to plymouth. I am not sure what lines will be used, but I am intrested in finding partners, or getting trackage rights. I plan on having daily trains over many routes and to eliminate the AAs commuter operations compleatly. MI RF you are the only one that I know of with tracks in the area (MI line and ford field street running that we operate) anyone else who is intrested post here. I need approval from area railroads to start the project which I plan to have running on the MI line to AA and up to PNT by feb if all goes as planned. The AA is planning on selling all of its comuter coaches to the service, and serve as a "big brother" to the line. AA can do engine work until they get a terminal and I will be in charge of the service until it grows enough. we will only use amtrak stations at first until more platforms can be consturcted.

The service is to be called Motown Rail (MTRC)

This is as far as I go so far, so chime in if I can use your routes or if you want to be a partner.

you can only be a partner if you own a line that the service will operate over, MI line, AARR, Plyomuth Sub, Holly Sub, Detroit Line (i used what I believe are the real world names)
POST RESPONSE IN IT'S OWN THREAD PLEASE!!!

ES44AH
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ES44AH »

Quick question, my brother wants to start a paper RR, does anyone use BNSF, ATSF, GN, CB&Q, SP&S, SLSF, or NP as paper RR? Please PM me.
Western Maryland-The Fast Freight Line.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

nope, I don't think so....

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

Most of the paper railroads center around the Midwest... So I don't know how much participation he could get
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

I own a fictional railroad that runs out west, called the Chicago, Cheyenne, Portland & Seattle(or CCP&S) and it does NOT use any existing railroad's route(although it parallels the UP and BNSF somewhat).
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

conrailman75 wrote:I own a fictional railroad that runs out west, called the Chicago, Cheyenne, Portland & Seattle(or CCP&S) and it does NOT use any existing railroad's route(although it parallels the UP and BNSF somewhat).
Ohhh... I wondered what ccp&s stood for.
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

ES44AH
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ES44AH »

My brother isnt on here yet (he doesnt have an Email) but if or when he does, he said he wanted to do either a BNSF, ATSF, or GN paper rr. can you tell he's a big BNSF fan :) ?

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

MQT3001 wrote:Okay, I found the map. This is the last map where the GR&P is found, and was created shortly before the mergers:
[url=http://railroadfan.com/gallery/displayi ... pos=-65555]Image[/url
Has anything in this map changed(other than DT&C being gone)?

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

The PC needs to be added, the MQT monopoly in the UP needs to be canned, and a few other little details, mostly on the MQT side of things.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

MQT3001 wrote:The PC needs to be added, the MQT monopoly in the UP needs to be canned, and a few other little details, mostly on the MQT side of things.
Ah. Reason I'm asking is because I was wondering if I could take the unclaimed portion of the Holly Sub from Pontiac to Milwaukee Jct., the CN(or is it CR) line from Milwaukee Jct. to Delray, and the former DT&C line from Delray to Toledo if the GR&P can't have trackage rights over the AA.

CarolinaSouthern
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CarolinaSouthern »

Can you add the Carolina Southern to the list please?

Map of our system:
Carolina Southern - Home of The Carolina Road

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

atrainguy60 wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:The PC needs to be added, the MQT monopoly in the UP needs to be canned, and a few other little details, mostly on the MQT side of things.
Ah. Reason I'm asking is because I was wondering if I could take the unclaimed portion of the Holly Sub from Pontiac to Milwaukee Jct., the CN(or is it CR) line from Milwaukee Jct. to Delray, and the former DT&C line from Delray to Toledo if the GR&P can't have trackage rights over the AA.
You can probably do that, as long as no one else cries foul.

ES44AH
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ES44AH »

I have to re-do the system map for the M&N and make one for Chessie. Ill throw in the H&Fs too.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

MQT3001 wrote:
atrainguy60 wrote:
Cool, I'll give 24 hours for someone to say why the GR&P should not own the lines mentioned. If no one does, then I will move in to acquire the lines.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heartlandguy »

atrainguy60 wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:
atrainguy60 wrote: Ah. Reason I'm asking is because I was wondering if I could take the unclaimed portion of the Holly Sub from Pontiac to Milwaukee Jct., the CN(or is it CR) line from Milwaukee Jct. to Delray, and the former DT&C line from Delray to Toledo if the GR&P can't have trackage rights over the AA.
Cool, I'll give 24 hours for someone to say why the GR&P should not own the lines mentioned. If no one does, then I will move in to acquire the lines.
I'd be fine with that. I took over most of the Detroit/Flat Rock area trackage from the DT&C. I now operate the line south out of Detroit as the Detroit Southern RR (DSR).
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19