Penn Central ETT

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: Penn Central ETT

Unread post by Saturnalia »

DT&I wrote:Ok while reading through here, I came across some things I should bring up.
1. I didn't know the TSCR had tracks to Grand Rapids? We better go clear the weeds...
Old Road Branch Osseo to White Pigeon
Osseo
Hillsdale
Ft. Wayne Jct
Jonesville
Allen
Quincy
Coldwater
Batavia
Bronson
Burr Oak
Sturgis
RK
White Pigeon
White Pigeon Jct
This is part of what is today the INER, after the GR&P merger I got a map of the GR&P and the GR&P Michigan Line from Michigan City(MQT) to points east is part of this line, should we work out an agreement?
The old GRP lines are in Green.

Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Thats part of the INER still. hy did atrainguy talk about GR&P having a line to GR then?
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

DT&I wrote:Thats part of the INER still. hy did atrainguy talk about GR&P having a line to GR then?
At one point he had the Grand Elk (Old GR&I), and somehow it ended up with the PC. I think it was arranged when the PC thread was born.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

MQT3001 wrote:
DT&I wrote:Thats part of the INER still. hy did atrainguy talk about GR&P having a line to GR then?
At one point he had the Grand Elk (Old GR&I), and somehow it ended up with the PC. I think it was arranged when the PC thread was born.
Oh alright, well we still have to deal with the INER issue, that was a major GR&P mainline and in 2016 is set to become a major TSCR mainline.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

I'm going to address heartland's question now and I'll address the others when I get home and can get on a regular computer.

First, CSX owns Avon yard. My PC's yard is Hawthorne, which is on the opposite side of Indy. CSX still runs Q643/Q642 on the Monon in real life, so you can run them on your Monon and it be totally plausible.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heartlandguy »

conrailman75 wrote:I'm going to address heartland's question now and I'll address the others when I get home and can get on a regular computer.

First, CSX owns Avon yard. My PC's yard is Hawthorne, which is on the opposite side of Indy. CSX still runs Q643/Q642 on the Monon in real life, so you can run them on your Monon and it be totally plausible.
Thanks conrailman! I appreciate it. I'll have to add those trains now.
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

ES44AH
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ES44AH »

I noticed you dont own anything east of Pittsburg, can i run my trains up to Altoona or Harrisburg? Also do you own the Northeast Corridor?
Western Maryland-The Fast Freight Line.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

ES44AH wrote:I noticed you dont own anything east of Pittsburg, can i run my trains up to Altoona or Harrisburg? Also do you own the Northeast Corridor?
Yes you can run trains to Altoona or Harrisburg and no I don't own the Northeast Corridor(that's still Amtrak in my mind).
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

conrailman75 wrote:
ES44AH wrote:I noticed you dont own anything east of Pittsburg, can i run my trains up to Altoona or Harrisburg? Also do you own the Northeast Corridor?
Yes you can run trains to Altoona or Harrisburg and no I don't own the Northeast Corridor(that's still Amtrak in my mind).
We had largely, yet unofficially, agreed a few months ago that major passenger & commuter corridors such as the NEC & Metra should be left out of one of our Paper Railroads.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Now to address all the other issues that were raised on here:

1. Old Road Branch - In reality this line was built in 1842 and turned at White Pigeon and went south to Elkhart. Since I consider my version of PC to be an extension of the real Penn Central, only my version was established in 1976 during the creation of Conrail, my PC always owned this route and thus, it never fell into the hands of the INE or any other company. In fact the only line that INE owns in the world of paper railroads is the route from South Milford, IN to Montpelior, OH.

Now here is where the confusion comes into play. Whenever atrain created his fictional mainline from Toledo to Chicago, I was under the impression he built a brand new route from Porter(or wherever CP annoyance is located) thru Niles and Hillsdale which paralleled my lowly single track branchline. So thus I considered our routes to exist side by side. Now if I have this all wrong, then blame atrain for creating all this confusion in the first place. If he really did claim to use the Old Road route from Hillsdale to White Pigeon, I am willing to move my line into an alternate universe where I can continue to run trains on it and it not be part of the paper railroad world.

2. Route to Grand Rapids - apparently atrain decided to buy the GDLK and when I created my Penn Central, he was nice enough to give me the GR&I from Kalamazoo to Grand Rapids, so I gave him the nearby and parallel ex NYC branch from Kalamazoo to Grand Rapids so he could maintain service to Grand Rapids. When he gave up the ghost, nobody claimed the route and I began running a daily local freight along the route to service the industries along it again. So no, its not weed grown because I've been maintaining service on it. Now if the TSCR wants to claim the route, then you are welcome to do so.

3. Don't hesitate if you see something else that I claim to question me on it as that's the only way to figure out where else there might be conflicts.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

MQT3001 wrote:
conrailman75 wrote:
We had largely, yet unofficially, agreed a few months ago that major passenger & commuter corridors such as the NEC & Metra should be left out of one of our Paper Railroads.
I forgot about that, thanks for reminding me.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

I too always thought it paralleled your route but lately I wasn't sure so I thought I'd bring it up, so you still have the Old Road and I have a weedy double track secondary next to it. Also you can keep the route to GR because we connect with MQT and CSX elsewhere. Glad we have this resolved.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

bumping this up for 59caddy so he can see what lines I own
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »