TO ALL RAILROADS THAT USE THE TBR(TSCR)

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Re: TO ALL RAILROADS THAT USE THE TBR(TSCR)

Unread post by conrailman75 »

You all are forgetting that Penn Central ALSO uses the TBR, mainly to get around to the AA and CN to deliver and pick up interchange traffic. We don't care WHAT way we go around the TBR, just as long as we can keep reaching our interchange partners in Toledo. And no, my company is not paying for a triple track upgrade when we only send transfer trains over the line.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

conrailman75 wrote:You all are forgetting that Penn Central ALSO uses the TBR, mainly to get around to the AA and CN to deliver and pick up interchange traffic. We don't care WHAT way we go around the TBR, just as long as we can keep reaching our interchange partners in Toledo. And no, my company is not paying for a triple track upgrade when we only send transfer trains over the line.
I honestly wasn't going to ask you becuase I don't want to pay for it either and I was sure you didn't want to, CSX, WCSR, and NS also didn't want to. Well then we're gonna reroute you via the western half.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

DT&I wrote:
conrailman75 wrote:You all are forgetting that Penn Central ALSO uses the TBR, mainly to get around to the AA and CN to deliver and pick up interchange traffic. We don't care WHAT way we go around the TBR, just as long as we can keep reaching our interchange partners in Toledo. And no, my company is not paying for a triple track upgrade when we only send transfer trains over the line.
I honestly wasn't going to ask you becuase I don't want to pay for it either and I was sure you didn't want to, CSX, WCSR, and NS also didn't want to. Well then we're gonna reroute you via the western half.
How much for Marquette to buy the line?
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

MQT3001 wrote:
DT&I wrote:
How much for Marquette to buy the line?
Not for sale.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

How much to upgrade?

We want 1st priority on the line if we upgrade though....or 50% ownership.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Since I just read that TSCR owns the old DTSL, I only use TBR to interchange to CSX at Walbridge and the AA at Ottawa yard.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

conrailman75 wrote:Since I just read that TSCR owns the old DTSL, I only use TBR to interchange to CSX at Walbridge and the AA at Ottawa yard.
TSCR owns Stanley/Walbridge.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Okay, then does CSX own the C&O line from Walbridge on south toward Columbus?
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

conrailman75 wrote:Okay, then does CSX own the C&O line from Walbridge on south toward Columbus?
They do. And no we dont own Walbridge.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

DT&I wrote:
conrailman75 wrote:Okay, then does CSX own the C&O line from Walbridge on south toward Columbus?
They do. And no we dont own Walbridge.
What yards does the TSCR own in Toledo then? I think it's time for a map.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

We own Stanley, they are 2 different yards.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

DT&I wrote:We own Stanley, they are 2 different yards.
Ah. I thought you owned both (they are right next to each other).

How much would it cost to upgrade the eastern portion? MQT is willing to pay for it, if we get a higher priority slot.

The Ops dept is considering withholding the October Trackage rights check, as the agreement states we're paying for the eastern half, yet we're traversing the western half. On top of that taking more time, it jacks up the ton-miles almost two-fold, meaning we're going to be paying double for a far crappier service.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

MQT3001 wrote:

How much would it cost to upgrade the eastern portion? MQT is willing to pay for it, if we get a higher priority slot.

The Ops dept is considering withholding the October Trackage rights check, as the agreement states we're paying for the eastern half, yet we're traversing the western half. On top of that taking more time, it jacks up the ton-miles almost two-fold, meaning we're going to be paying double for a far crappier service.
It would cost an estimated 12.6 million which is a fair price plus its triple tracked tahn and you get priority over WCSR, CSX, NS, PC, and DERR. And if you paid for itwe would provide labor and signals.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heartlandguy »

DERR would only be using the TBR two to three times a month, via PC, so it really doesn't matter to me where we are at priority-wise, just as long as it doesnt take 2 days to go from Stanley to the Docks.

BTW, our first stone train should be up on the TBR by now.
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

heartlandguy wrote:DERR would only be using the TBR two to three times a month, via PC, so it really doesn't matter to me where we are at priority-wise, just as long as it doesnt take 2 days to go from Stanley to the Docks.

Its held at the NS diamonds for 12 TSCR trains, 2 MQT trains, and 1 CSX train.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heartlandguy »

DT&I wrote:
heartlandguy wrote:DERR would only be using the TBR two to three times a month, via PC, so it really doesn't matter to me where we are at priority-wise, just as long as it doesnt take 2 days to go from Stanley to the Docks.

Its held at the NS diamonds for 12 TSCR trains, 2 MQT trains, and 1 CSX train.
Hope all the railfans in Toledo get good shots of it, doesn't sound like its gonna be moving for awhile. :shock:
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

DT&I wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:

It would cost an estimated 12.6 million which is a fair price plus its triple tracked tahn and you get priority over WCSR, CSX, NS, PC, and DERR. And if you paid for itwe would provide labor and signals.
TBR would pay for maintenance right? Any changes to the MQT/TBR Trackage rights agreement?

MQT is willing to pay it on a 5-year plan.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

DTI, I think it would be appreciated if you could show all of your Toledo trackage on this map. ALL of your railroads in this senario would be nice. If you marked the TBR specially on the map that would be nice (different color)

Just so we know where everyone else is :lol:

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

yes maintainance will be taken care of by TSCR and there will be one change stating that all MQT trains must use the eastern half.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

DT&I wrote:yes maintainance will be taken care of by TSCR and there will be one change stating that all MQT trains must use the eastern half.
Great. Our Engineering Dept can take care of switches and other special elements, fabricating and designing them. That will save us some money hopefully. :)

When do you want to start?