Maumee Southern Railroad

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
DT&I
Commodore Perry

Maumee Southern Railroad

Unread post by DT&I »

A class three shortline that runs from Delphos,OH to Maumee, OH hauling mostly 20-25 car grain trains from Central Soya in Delphos(Most of the business is to the PC) and other places including McClure,OH, Grand Rapids, OH, and Providence, OH. The railroad interchanges with:
PC at Delphos
TSCR at Providence
TSCR/WCSR at Maumee

This line is the former NKP Cloverleaf, then NW, then TSt.L, and now MSRR. Roster is:
6940, 5773, 4727 - GP40
7738, 9381 - S2
485, 567, 884, 9382, 477 - C424
472, 48 - C636
100, 993 - U30C

Yards are located at Grand Rapids(Classification of cars) and Delphos(Run Arounds and Grain) and they also have access to TSCR's Riverfront yard in Maumee. Trains are:
G001 - Delphos - Maumee Grain - Weekdays
G002 - Maumee - Delphos Switching Local - Weekdays
S003 - Waterville - Muamee Stone - Weekdays
Y004 - Grand Rapids Yard Job, works interchange withh TSCR across the Maumee River - Saturday
Y005 - Delphos Yard Job, works PC interchange and prepares grain to go north to make switching easier on G001's crew.

The number of power is so units can be rested as often as possible and inspected, saves fuel when you don't have to fill the same loco up every couple weeks, you can just get one thats already filled. The alco power is mostly ex-LV and CBRY. The geeps come from BNSF/ATSF/CR. The S2's are ex-C&O. The U30C's are ex-SOO.
Last edited by DT&I on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Maumee Southern Railroad

Unread post by conrailman75 »

You realize that this line is abandoned in real life from Grand Rapids to Delphos, or are you presuming that NW/NS kept it open or at least in place until you created this fictional railroad? You've got a lot of rebuilding to do, including putting the bridge back in over the Auglaize river, putting the diamonds back in at Continental, Holgate, and Delphos in addition to regrading and relaying the track and roadbed otherwise.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

conrailman75 wrote:You realize that this line is abandoned in real life from Grand Rapids to Delphos, or are you presuming that NW/NS kept it open or at least in place until you created this fictional railroad? You've got a lot of rebuilding to do, including putting the bridge back in over the Auglaize river, putting the diamonds back in at Continental, Holgate, and Delphos in addition to regrading and relaying the track and roadbed otherwise.
Actually awhile ago there was a railroad called the TSt.L that bought the Cloverleaf after NW from St. Louis to Toledo. The TSt.L went bankrupt and sold off the line in portions, AW now owns part of it in Indiana. Plus there is a new stone customer in Waterville(In real life, they want the TLEW to service them). There is a lot left in place in Indiana, Illinois that the government owns becuase no one bought it.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

G001-01 was the first train to run today with 20 cars and MSRR 910 and 477 leading.
Others will begin soon.

Speed limit is mainly 15 to 20 MPH on the line.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Y004-01 is getting crewed so it can sort some empty hoppers and put trains together so when Monday rolls around locos can grab their cars and go. Power is S2 #7738.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

G001-14 getting crewed at Delphos right now, should be leaving around 1:00 ET from what I've heard on the radio, theyre taking MSRR 993 and MSRR 884 north with 32 hoppers.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

910 is being tied down at John's Manville Plant 1 Industrial Siding waiting to be recrewed with 14 stone hoppers.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

G001 heading north out of Delphos with two C424s and 40 hoppers.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heartlandguy »

Should have the first of some DERR interchange headed your way. Two cuts of 8 loaded CH's (1 from Pandora, 1 from Jenera) will be picked up tomorrow, making 16 cars.
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

heartlandguy wrote:Should have the first of some DERR interchange headed your way. Two cuts of 8 loaded CH's (1 from Pandora, 1 from Jenera) will be picked up tomorrow, making 16 cars.
Tommorows G001 is called for 0730 AM and will be leaving by about 0815 if all goes well. G002 will be returning to Maumee at about 2100 and what railroad are these hoppers going to once in Maumee?

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

DT&I wrote:
heartlandguy wrote:Should have the first of some DERR interchange headed your way. Two cuts of 8 loaded CH's (1 from Pandora, 1 from Jenera) will be picked up tomorrow, making 16 cars.
Tommorows G001 is called for 0730 AM and will be leaving by about 0815 if all goes well. G002 will be returning to Maumee at about 2100 and what railroad are these hoppers going to once in Maumee?
They go up to the Anderson's in Maumee.
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

heartlandguy wrote:
DT&I wrote:
They go up to the Anderson's in Maumee.
Ok, TSCR handles everything going in and out of Andersons to we will just drop them off on the lead so they can pick them up tomorrow morning when the yard job runs up there.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Ok, TSCR handles everything going in and out of Andersons to we will just drop them off on the lead so they can pick them up tomorrow morning when the yard job runs up there.
OK then. Sounds good. They'll make out on Friday's G001 then, correct?

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

The 16 loaded CHs made it over just fine. Sitting in your yard as I type. :)

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

heartlandguy wrote:The 16 loaded CHs made it over just fine. Sitting in your yard as I type. :)
G002-57 picked them up and is currently sitting is Maumee. TSCRs yard job will set them out at andersons tomorrow when it's called at 0650 AM.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

DT&I wrote:
heartlandguy wrote:The 16 loaded CHs made it over just fine. Sitting in your yard as I type. :)
G002-57 picked them up and is currently sitting is Maumee. TSCRs yard job will set them out at andersons tomorrow when it's called at 0650 AM.
Fantastic

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

We have leased our C636's to NREX so they can in turn lease them out to others.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

DT&I wrote:We have leased our C636's to NREX so they can in turn lease them out to others.
Good, I'll give NREX a call then and see if PC can lease them and add them to the small roster of 5 or so that I currently own.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

conrailman75 wrote:
DT&I wrote:We have leased our C636's to NREX so they can in turn lease them out to others.
Good, I'll give NREX a call then and see if PC can lease them and add them to the small roster of 5 or so that I currently own.
Im sure they would let you, no one else seems to want ALCo's, but no one else checks into the details, these C636's were rebuilt totally in 2005 and pack a more fuel efficient mover that has 4,000 HP. I could do a drawing to show you the differences if you want.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

18 cars are coming in on DCT-19 for ya. Should be getting close to Pandora by now for the remaining 9.