Appalachian Western Railway

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Appalachian Western Railway

Unread post by TCtrainguy17 »

DT&I wrote:
TCtrainguy17 wrote:Ok they'll be untouched and shipped as soon as DT&I agrees to interchange at Cleveland.
That's fine with me, DTCX will take the rest of the C30-7's, and if no one wants them, the SD50's too, but if someone wants them they can take them before we do.
Will DTCX want their C30-7's interchanged at Cleveland too? If so yo can expect all of the C30-7's to be enroute by tonight.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Where are they at currently? If they're in Pittsburgh TSCR could put them on a train to Columbus and then DT&C could pick them up there.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

Yeah they're in Pittsburg. We'll send all of the C30-7's to the interchange in Pittsburg, drop the DTCX's and then send the DR&EC's to Cleveland so the TSCR can take them to Detroit. Will post when they have been dropped in Pittsburg.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

TCtrainguy17 wrote:Yeah they're in Pittsburg. We'll send all of the C30-7's to the interchange in Pittsburg, drop the DTCX's and then send the DR&EC's to Cleveland so the TSCR can take them to Detroit. Will post when they have been dropped in Pittsburg.
Ok we'll safely get them there.

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

X15 (extra #15) is arriving in at the TSCR interchange in Pittsburg with AW SD70ACe's 4208 & 4386. Dead in tow are C30-7's 2900-2918. 2910-2918 are being dropped for the TSCR.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

TCtrainguy17 wrote:X15 (extra #15) is arriving in at the TSCR interchange in Pittsburg with AW SD70ACe's 4208 & 4386. Dead in tow are C30-7's 2900-2918. 2910-2918 are being dropped for the TSCR.
Ok we have TSCR 2223 waiting in the siding to get them and take them back to the yard.

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

2910-2918 have been dropped and X15 is headed towards Cleveland via Youngstown, ETA 0145 EDT.

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

DT&I here is a description of the AW symbols for the joint trains. All the eastbound trains will have the symbol Q PITJYC with Q indicating non double stack intermodal and PIT being origin of Pittsburgh. JYC is the destination of Jersey City. There will a number right after the symbol indicating which train it is depending on the day and amount of Q PITJYC's that left before it. After that number there will be a space and then the day of the month it left it's origin.
Here's a sample Pittsburgh Departure List for Monday July 9, 2012.
Q PITJYC1 9 - 9:30AM
Q PITJYC2 9 - 12:30PM
Q PITJYC3 9 - 3:30PM
Q PITJYC4 9 - 6:00PM
Q PITJYC5 9 - 10:00PM
Q PITJYC6 9 - 10:30PM
Q PITJYC7 9 - 10:50PM
Q PITJYC8 9 - 11:50PM

Here is our Pittsburgh-Jersey City departure list for all of your trains arriving from Detroit
BN657- 3:30PM Mon-Fri
BN353- 9:30AM Mon-Tues
BN698- 12:30PM Fri-Wed
BN835- 11:50PM Mon-Sat
BN560- 1:00AM Sat-Sun
BN100- 7:00AM Thur-Sat
BN452- 10:00PM Fri-Mon
BN663- 2:00AM Wed-Sat
BN392- 3:00PM Wed-Sun
BN665- 6:00PM Mon-Thur
BN600- 1:00PM Sat-Sun
BN544- 11:00AM Sun-Fri
BN500- 10:50PM Mon-Wed & Sat
BN744- 10:30PM Mon-Fri

For Jersey City-Pittsburgh trains the symbol will be Q JYCPIT and will have the numbers as their Q PITJYC counterparts. Q JYCPIT trains will leave Jersey City the same time as their counterparts leave Pittsburgh. I estimated that it will take the trains 9.5 hours to travel between Jersey City and Pittsburgh so you can determine your Pittsburgh-Detroit departure times off of that number and our Jersey City departure times (same as our Pittsburgh departure times).

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Ok if you wish, check the first page of the TSCR thread to see our schedule and symbols.

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

DT&I wrote:Ok if you wish, check the first page of the TSCR thread to see our schedule and symbols.
I think you misunderstood my symbols, everyday the numbers change so unless each one runs everyday I can't assign a single symbol to each of your eastbound trains that we interchange at Pittsburgh. All the eastbounds will change at Pittsburgh to Q PITJYC with the numbers assigned to it that day. For each eastbound you send to use we will send a westbound from Jersey City back with the symbol Q JYCPIT and the numbers assigned to it that day.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

TCtrainguy17 wrote:
DT&I wrote:Ok if you wish, check the first page of the TSCR thread to see our schedule and symbols.
I think you misunderstood my symbols, everyday the numbers change so unless each one runs everyday I can't assign a single symbol to each of your eastbound trains that we interchange at Pittsburgh. All the eastbounds will change at Pittsburgh to Q PITJYC with the numbers assigned to it that day. For each eastbound you send to use we will send a westbound from Jersey City back with the symbol Q JYCPIT and the numbers assigned to it that day.
OH i just meant if you wanted to see what the symbols would be once they got on the TSCR at Pittsburgh.

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

Oh well the symbols I posted were examples of what YOUR eastbound trains would turn into when they got onto the AW in Pittsburgh, if you change my symbols in your post to Q JYCPIT then they work :lol: sorry I should've clarified that more.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

TCtrainguy17 wrote:Oh well the symbols I posted were examples of what YOUR eastbound trains would turn into when they got onto the AW in Pittsburgh, if you change my symbols in your post to Q JYCPIT then they work :lol: sorry I should've clarified that more.
Its fine, I'll change them lol

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

Question for you DT&I, the AW has some extra power and is looking into creating a leasing subsidiary would you mind since you own DTCX?

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

TCtrainguy17 wrote:Question for you DT&I, the AW has some extra power and is looking into creating a leasing subsidiary would you mind since you own DTCX?
No, its a good idea actually, our company is doing quite well with locos leased to IAIS, WAB, HPR, and AW/TSCR.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

The symbol PC plans to use for our joint NY to Indy intermodal train is TVNY. It'll be TVNY-1 when westbound and TVNY-2 when eastbound. Any extra sections will be symbolled TVNYX.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

conrailman75 wrote:The symbol PC plans to use for our joint NY to Indy intermodal train is TVNY. It'll be TVNY-1 when westbound and TVNY-2 when eastbound. Any extra sections will be symbolled TVNYX.
Sounds good, our symbols will be Z DAYJYC1 for eastbounds and Z JYCDAY1 for westbounds. I should make sure this will be double stack service? If not the Z letter will be changed to Q.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Hello? Is anyone in here? HELLO!?!?! :mrgreen:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

Harrisonburg VA-Today the Appalachian Western Railway has announced plans to lease it's former Chesapeake Western main line to the West Virginia Central railroad. WVC currently operates the ex WM Elkins-Durbin branch for the State of WV who owns it. The current plans call for the WVC to lease from Elkins, WV to Elkton, VA with the deal expected to be closed by the end of July. The AW hopes to obtain trackage rights and transfer operations to WVC on September 1, 2012.

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

The DTCX SD50's that were sold by the AW have been rebuilt to -2 standards at the Cumberland Locomotive Shops and just arrived in the AW Pittsburg yard. They will soon be on their way to the TSCR interchange track.