Appalachian Western Railway

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: Appalachian Western Railway

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Do you connect with Marquette Rail anywhere? We've got the current CSX trackage in MI (and down to Toledo & Porter), along with the MQT, MMRR, LSRC, & C&M
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TCtrainguy17 »

MQT3001 wrote:Do you connect with Marquette Rail anywhere? We've got the current CSX trackage in MI (and down to Toledo & Porter), along with the MQT, MMRR, LSRC, & C&M
I don't think I connect with Marquette Rail. I just edited my first post detailing the history and included the system map.

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

DT&I wrote:
conrailman75 wrote:Sorry but after learning that TSCR claims the same mainline I was offering you trackage rights on, I have to withdraw my offer of trackage rights over the PC because that's the route your trains are going to take anyways. Didn't realize that until I seen DT&I's map he drew up this morning.
Well I like the idea of the joint line but I run over 35 trains a day on it, soon to be 50 with the completion of AW's phase 1, but we could jointly triple track it so our trains don't have to wait long when phase 1 is done.
DT&I here's the routing your trains will be taking over the AW. The red line is the route before the capacity expansion project. The dark green line to the north is the route after the project is completed. After looking at your map you posted last night I discovered the TSCR detroit-columbus line crosses the AW at Marion, OH and after the capacity project is complete, it is an alternate to handing the trains over in Cleveland.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

TCtrainguy17 wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:Do you connect with Marquette Rail anywhere? We've got the current CSX trackage in MI (and down to Toledo & Porter), along with the MQT, MMRR, LSRC, & C&M
I don't think I connect with Marquette Rail. I just edited my first post detailing the history and included the system map.
Nope you don't. We're thinking about buying the line south of Porter that CSX owns.....extension to indianopolis is possible too....we'd create an interchange if anything ever happens :)
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

TCtrainguy17 wrote:
DT&I wrote:
conrailman75 wrote:Sorry but after learning that TSCR claims the same mainline I was offering you trackage rights on, I have to withdraw my offer of trackage rights over the PC because that's the route your trains are going to take anyways. Didn't realize that until I seen DT&I's map he drew up this morning.
Well I like the idea of the joint line but I run over 35 trains a day on it, soon to be 50 with the completion of AW's phase 1, but we could jointly triple track it so our trains don't have to wait long when phase 1 is done.
DT&I here's the routing your trains will be taking over the AW. The red line is the route before the capacity expansion project. The dark green line to the north is the route after the project is completed. After looking at your map you posted last night I discovered the TSCR detroit-columbus line crosses the AW at Marion, OH and after the capacity project is complete, it is an alternate to handing the trains over in Cleveland.
We don't have tracks in Marion, we have the ex-NYC to the west. That does cross your Chicago line and were hoping to build an interchange there.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

MQT3001 wrote:
TCtrainguy17 wrote:
Nope you don't. We're thinking about buying the line south of Porter that CSX owns.....extension to indianopolis is possible too....we'd create an interchange if anything ever happens :)
If you do we'd like to run a NYC-Indianapolis intermodal hotshot. We've been trying to get to Indianapolis for awhile now.
DT&I I'm seeing that crossing on my map as Kenton, OH?

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

Now my Penn Central can definitely get you to Indianapolis rather easily :) Since it appears you claim the EL Dayton Branch that runs right next to my ex NYC mainline thru my new hometown of Fairborn, OH I can get your trains to connect onto my PC at Dayton and then we'd run it down to Carlisle, OH where it would turn onto the Carlisle Branch and run up to West Manchester, OH and then get onto the Richmond to Indianapolis mainline that is my main route into Indy. If you want to run them out of Columbus, then I could send your trains across the ex PRR Pan Handle main Columbus to Ridgeville, IN where you'd turn and head south on my Ft. Wayne Secondary to get to Richmond and then get onto the mainline to Indy that way. I have even more roundabout ways to get to Indy, but you get the point. Let me know if you want to take advantage of this offer and I'll fit you into the picture. Also, if there is anywhere else you want to reach that my PC goes to, let me know.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

DT&I, I checked my schedules and I run 10 trains a day on the Columbus to Pittsburgh line, with two being first class mail trains and two being hot intermodal trains. I'm willing to help pay to triple track the line if it helps keep the high priority mail trains on time, because those two trains cannot be delayed for anything!
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

conrailman75 wrote:Now my Penn Central can definitely get you to Indianapolis rather easily :) Since it appears you claim the EL Dayton Branch that runs right next to my ex NYC mainline thru my new hometown of Fairborn, OH I can get your trains to connect onto my PC at Dayton and then we'd run it down to Carlisle, OH where it would turn onto the Carlisle Branch and run up to West Manchester, OH and then get onto the Richmond to Indianapolis mainline that is my main route into Indy. If you want to run them out of Columbus, then I could send your trains across the ex PRR Pan Handle main Columbus to Ridgeville, IN where you'd turn and head south on my Ft. Wayne Secondary to get to Richmond and then get onto the mainline to Indy that way. I have even more roundabout ways to get to Indy, but you get the point. Let me know if you want to take advantage of this offer and I'll fit you into the picture. Also, if there is anywhere else you want to reach that my PC goes to, let me know.
The AW comes into Columbus from the south so thats out of the question for intermodal. As long as the other route is intermodal friendly and can meet the minimum speed of 55mph required for intermodal to be feasible, we will accept your offer.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Oh, the route is intermodal friendly because I'm looking into running an intermodal train Ft. Wayne to Cincinnati and the Carlisle Branch is the only way I can get to Cincy out of Ft. Wayne and the entire route is rated at 60 MPH for intermodal trains.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

conrailman75 wrote:DT&I, I checked my schedules and I run 10 trains a day on the Columbus to Pittsburgh line, with two being first class mail trains and two being hot intermodal trains. I'm willing to help pay to triple track the line if it helps keep the high priority mail trains on time, because those two trains cannot be delayed for anything!
I understand, they will be given the highest priority along with our intermodals. All PC and TSCR manifests will be halted for them if needed but we'll try to keep traffic moving.

Yes Kenton is were we cross.

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

DT&I wrote:Yes Kenton is were we cross.
A work train is currently at Kenton installing an 8,000ft siding for interchange with the TSCR.
conrailman75 wrote:Oh, the route is intermodal friendly because I'm looking into running an intermodal train Ft. Wayne to Cincinnati and the Carlisle Branch is the only way I can get to Cincy out of Ft. Wayne and the entire route is rated at 60 MPH for intermodal trains.
Joint PC/AW Indianapolis-NYC intermodal service will begin on July 1, upon agreement of Conrailman75. Interchange will take place at Dayton, OH. AW run through power is available if you want.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Alright, we'll get YU090-33X down there to install the wye. Should be Friday.

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

In preparation for the upcoming capacity project, AW has decided to sell some retired locomotives. For sale are:
4 SD50 3519-3523 with failed crankshafts.(SOLD)
19 C30-7 2900-2918 (SOLD)
55 C39-8 3900-3954 most have heavy rust and 3948 has fire damage.
We can repaint for the purchaser. Also we can rebuild the SD50's for an added cost.
Last edited by TCtrainguy17 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michigan Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michigan Railfan »

The DR&EC will take C30-7's 2900-2909.
Jake
Railroading YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/trainster100
Aviation YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dtwdelta763

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

Michigan Railfan wrote:The DR&EC will take C30-7's 2900-2909.
Okay do you want them to be repainted, patched, or shipped untouched?
Since they're in Pittsburg we're going to need to ship them over the TSCR from Cleveland to Detroit. Is that okay DT&I?

Michigan Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michigan Railfan »

You can ship them untouched. They'll be repainted at our shops ASAP anyway.
Jake
Railroading YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/trainster100
Aviation YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dtwdelta763

TCtrainguy17
Railroadfan...fan

Ok they'll be untouched and shipped as soon as DT&I agrees to interchange at Cleveland.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

TCtrainguy17 wrote:Ok they'll be untouched and shipped as soon as DT&I agrees to interchange at Cleveland.
That's fine with me, DTCX will take the rest of the C30-7's, and if no one wants them, the SD50's too, but if someone wants them they can take them before we do.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

TCtrainguy17 wrote:
DT&I wrote:Yes Kenton is were we cross.
A work train is currently at Kenton installing an 8,000ft siding for interchange with the TSCR.
conrailman75 wrote:Oh, the route is intermodal friendly because I'm looking into running an intermodal train Ft. Wayne to Cincinnati and the Carlisle Branch is the only way I can get to Cincy out of Ft. Wayne and the entire route is rated at 60 MPH for intermodal trains.
Joint PC/AW Indianapolis-NYC intermodal service will begin on July 1, upon agreement of Conrailman75. Interchange will take place at Dayton, OH. AW run through power is available if you want.
Its a deal then, check my PC thread for the official press release and run through power will be allowed.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH