Re: The Wabash

Unread post by DT&I »

Man i like it too! Nice job!
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

DT&I wrote:The real WAB tracks are TSCR owned. Only as far as the ex-WAB yard at the west end of the ex-MAW.
The portion of the Wabash you are claiming is the Wabash 5th District line that originally ran from New Haven, IN all the way up to Toledo, OH. The 4th District was the line that ran from Montpelior, OH over to Gary, IN and was later extended east to Toledo(there will be a book coming out later this year on this particular line, authored by my friend Victor Baird). The mainline, the part that atrain is claiming, was the 1st district from Detroit to Montpelior, then it became the 2nd district from there to Peru, IN where the 3rd district started. I don't know the breakdowns on districts(as Wabash called its divisions) beyond Peru, but there's a little history lesson for ya!
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

You're going to have to rebuild the old Wabash depot in Ft. Wayne(seen below) for your passenger service as your trains cannot use the existing PRR Baker Street Station:

http://contentdm.acpl.lib.in.us/cdm/sin ... 6873/rec/3

That depot was torn down in the late 70's, although a remnant of the platform still remains today.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

Two extra trains have been added to the list.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

S105 hit a gasoline truck around 11:10am today at Cerro Gordo, Illinois. The crew on the train are injured from burns from when the truck exploded after the impact, but it appears their injuries aren't life threatening. The truck driver survived since he was able to get out of the truck before the train hit. Apparently, the truck broke down on a crossing and the train came before he could call and notify anybody his truck was on the tracks.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

atrainguy60 wrote:S105 hit a gasoline truck around 11:10am today at Cerro Gordo, Illinois. The crew on the train are injured from burns from when the truck exploded after the impact, but it appears their injuries aren't life threatening. The truck driver survived since he was able to get out of the truck before the train hit. Apparently, the truck broke down on a crossing and the train came before he could call and notify anybody his truck was on the tracks.
Need Detours?

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Sure, for these trains: S109, S110, S104, S105, S100, S101, and the Wabash Cannonball. I'll post when the first main is cleared.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Fire is still burning, but should be under control by tonight. The two locomotives and 11 cars derailed. The engines are kind of messed up looking due to the fire, and the first 7 cars are on their sides. The first main should be cleared by tonight or tomorrow, depending on the fire. Once the first track is opened, trains can begin running through there again, at restricted speed.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

atrainguy60 wrote:Fire is still burning, but should be under control by tonight. The two locomotives and 11 cars derailed. The engines are kind of messed up looking due to the fire, and the first 7 cars are on their sides. The first main should be cleared by tonight or tomorrow, depending on the fire. Once the first track is opened, trains can begin running through there again, at restricted speed.
Wouldn't the fire melt the rails
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Ok your trains will go via Chicago and will get on the ex-GR&P Michigan Line if they're going to Detroit but they mght get Delayed at Adrian, or they will go to Liberty Center and go south to Ft. Wayne becuase there is no connection where your Ft. Wayne line crosses the Chicago Main.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

S109 - XQ377-33Z
S110 - XQ993-13Z
S104 - XQ465-90Z
S105 - XQ729-84Z
S100 - XQ117-19Z
S101 - XQ012-57Z

Wabash Cannonball - PT001-01Z

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Now why couldn't you run his detours west from Liberty Center to Woodburn to connect with NS and then have NS run them to New Haven where they could take the connecting track at NE diamond(where atrain's Wabash crosses NS' ex NKP Fostoria District line) and connect back to them there?
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

conrailman75 wrote:Now why couldn't you run his detours west from Liberty Center to Woodburn to connect with NS and then have NS run them to New Haven where they could take the connecting track at NE diamond(where atrain's Wabash crosses NS' ex NKP Fostoria District line) and connect back to them there?
The trains going to Ft. Wayne from Detroit will go straight down the old MAW to Ft. Wayne, forgot to add westbounds.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

The Wabash has a new subsidiary: WX. WX is a locomotive leasing company like HLCX and DTCX.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

The WX has 40 SD40-2's, 50 SD45's, 10 SD50's, 15 GP38's, 25 GP35's, 5 GP30's, 5 SD60's, 5 SD70's, 15 SW9's, 15 W7's, and 12 C40-8's. The locomotives are blue, with a red stripe going down the side. The red stripe is outlined by gold stripes. The gold colored letters "WX" are on the side of the hood.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

Wabash dash 8 done by the AA shop crews
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

I like it!

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

The Wabash is looking into adding another Triple Crown train between Detroit and Kansas City.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

atrainguy60 wrote:I like it!
Thanks! This unit has an interesting history, it went conrail to NS then AA and WAB
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Ypsi, I'll be interested to see if the NS Wabash heritage unit matches your drawing. Just goes to show that paint scheme is another that looks great on a modern widecab!
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH