Sub forum for Paper Railroads
ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Re: Hillsdale, Clinton & Eastern

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

conrailman75 wrote:
ConrailMan5 wrote:Image

HCE is in red, Interchange points are blue
Okay, we have a problem then. You are claiming ownership of two specific lines that my Penn Central owns, the first being that part of the Waterloo Branch from Steubenville to Hillsdale(I own the entire thing from Jackson to Fort Wayne), and the North Adams Branch from Hillsdale to North Adams(in my world the branch ends at North Adams).

Now, what I can do is give you ownership of the North Adams Branch from Hillsdale to North Adams, as long as I get trackage rights to switch my customers in North Adams. As to the Waterloo Branch, I will offer you trackage rights from Steubenville to Hillsdale with PC retaining ownership of the line and dispatching control over it.
O.K lets do that, I'm new here so can someone fill me in one who owns what and who I interchange with in Hillsdale and clinton.

THanks
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

I put 75 after my username for the year I was born, 1975 :D

For the "other" conrailman, up in Michigan I own the following lines:

Waterloo Branch: Ft. Wayne, IN thru Hillsdale to Jackson, MI
Litchfield Branch: Jonesville to Litchfield, MI
North Adams Branch: Hillsdale to North Adams(which I am giving up to conrailman5)
Old Road Branch: Hillsdale to White Pigeon, MI and Osseo to Hillsdale
Grand Rapids Branch: Grand Rapids to Jackson, MI via trackage rights JAIL Rives Jct to Jackson
GR&I Branch: Ft. Wayne, IN thru K-zoo to Grand Rapids, MI
South Haven Branch: Kalamazoo to South Haven, MI
Northern Branch: Jackson, MI thru Van Wert to Ansonia, OH
Jackson Branch: Jackson to Three Rivers, MI

All of these lines are contained in my post titled Penn Central Northern Region and you can find a list of towns each line runs thru by looking at the post titled Penn Central ETT. You can see what else I own in the ETT post or check out my posts on the PC Western Region and Southern Region to see what else I own.

As to interchange points, you interchange with me at Hillsdale, MI.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Cabeese were for the planned mixed train service, EX ATSF.
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

Here is the outdated map:
http://railroadfan.com/gallery/displayi ... pos=-65555
Should it be redone since the layout of the railroads is different?

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Customers Thus far.

Grain elevator in Brooklyn (200 loads agra) and Brooklyn products inc. (200 loads inbound Polyurthane products, Outbound goods)

Cement plant in cement city (500 loads inbound rock, outbound cement) Some of the cement is bound for A concrete pant in ypsi Via AA

Grain elevators in manchester and Bridgeport (eah good for 100 loads over the summer of outbound corn meal.)
-Kurt Vonnegut

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Due to a recent business proposal, HCE has purchased the ROW of the EX LS&MS branch from Jackson to Toledo,
Crews are being sent out tomorrow to work on clearing the ROW.

Proposed ustomers on this line,

American Hardwoods of clinton ( Good for 200 loads)

Whatever that large plant south of techumseh is (400 loads)

Wacker Chemical corp. (300 loads)

Grain elevator at Palmyra (110 loads over summer)

With trackage rights At ottawa lake to acess the AA yard at toleda
-Kurt Vonnegut

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

atrainguy60 wrote:Here is the outdated map:
http://railroadfan.com/gallery/displayi ... pos=-65555
Should it be redone since the layout of the railroads is different?
Yes, but with the explosion, I'd like to wait a little while until things definatly calm down, and school gets out so I can re-do a map :D . Plus, I don't have internet access all of the time, so a new map could wait a week before being uploaded.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

ConrailMan5 wrote:Whatever that large plant south of techumseh is (400 loads)
If its glass plant that coated glass with film, it closed. I have a paper railroad in which glass made in Toledo is loaded in 86' box cars and taken to this plant for coating then trucked to final destination :)

Other large building is veneer (plywood) warehouse.
Last edited by AARR on Thu May 03, 2012 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Customers north of manchester

Ferguson Enterprises inc. of jackson ( good fer 100 loads of pipe)

Not sure If I'm steeping on CRman75's toes her with the jackson customers, so let me know.

Full spectrum solutions ( good for 100 loads)

And dawn food products (150 loads)

Interchange with I believe PC in jackson
-Kurt Vonnegut

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

AARR wrote:
ConrailMan5 wrote:Whatever that large plant south of techumseh is (400 loads)
If its glass plant that coated glass with film, it closed. I have a paper railroad in which glass made in Toledo is loaded in 86' box cars and taken to this plant for coating then trucked to final destination :)

Other large building is veneer (plywood) warehouse.
It's by where the MI southern tourist line stores their equipment in tecumseh

So are you saying that you own that branch?
-Kurt Vonnegut

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Cabeese have arrived in AA toledo yard to be retrofitted with seats and be painted into the HCE paint.
-Kurt Vonnegut

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

ConrailMan5 wrote:It's by where the MI southern tourist line stores their equipment in tecumseh

So are you saying that you own that branch?
Ok, that the old Tecumseh Products plant. On my paper railroad the carboard company across the street gets paper there.

No, I am not participating in your paper railroad group. I have my own :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

You're good on Jackson industries. I switch industries along the mainline near my yard in town, and all industries along my routes that come into Jackson from the south, the Waterloo, Northern, and Jackson Branches. I looked up what you're claiming and I do not switch any industries on that side of town. I will officially add Jackson as an interchange point with you on my Penn Central.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

For your moxns you can use the platform I have built by the ford/ vistian plant in saline
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:For your moxns you can use the platform I have built by the ford/ vistian plant in saline
Que?
-Kurt Vonnegut

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Your mixes can use my game day platforms

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

first 2 units out of the AA shops are HEC 55 and HEC 56

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

The 15 RS11's, originally assigned to DW&P, later reassigned to CV (when some GTW units were sent to DW&P and CV units sent to GTW) were lighter than normal RS11's. If you have a chance to compare them side by side to a regular RS11 you will notice the ex-CV units sit a few inches higher because they do not have as much ballast. They are good units for your line :)

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

workers are near finsihed clearing the Jax-tol branch of brush, and the first train over the line will be running tomorrow, taking a ballast, rail and tie train from AA at saline to a yard at Mansfield. Curent conditions are exempt track, so don't expect to see too much speed. The train is bringing the materials for the ROW construction from JAX-TOL branch.
Reinforcing the slim MOW workers I have now are area High schooler new hires who will be working during the summer to get the branch in place. Line laying will be based out of Mansfield, with two teams either direction. 1st team will be laying the roadbed and ballast a week before the second team gets out to lay track. One group will work north to Jackson, while the other works southe to toledo.
Reconditioning of the Hillsdale line will work from hillsdale east and Saline west to bring the track to class two standards, again with local high schoolers assisting the senior MOW workers.

Service on the Hillsdale line is to begin ASAP, Or whenever The AA decides to get my units to saline with their train. Expect to see the toledo line to be open by july.
-Kurt Vonnegut

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

I think you interchange with the TSCR at Jonesville and Hillsdale via the ex-GR&P line.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain