about avatar on here

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
traingirl21
Railroadfan...fan

about avatar on here

Unread post by traingirl21 »

is there a way to make a picture smaller so you can have it as your avatar

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: about avatar on here

Unread post by ~Z~ »

traingirl21 wrote:is there a way to make a picture smaller so you can have it as your avatar
One would definately think so, as you currently have one of your pictures set as your own avatar. Most people are reducing the size of their image using something similar to Photoshop, or heck, you can even use Microsoft Paint. Just need to get it under 150 pixels tall and wide, and no more than 61KB in size.

Now, if you don't want to resize it, you can have a thumbnail from the gallery be your avatar if that's easier. Go to the gallery, right click on the thumbnail for the picture that you want as your avatar. Copy the "Address(URL)" line. Now, on the message board, go to your profile link at the top, and down near the bottom of that page, you'll see an "Upload Avatar from a URL:" choice. Paste this URL line for your thumbnail from the gallery here, submit, and wala, there's your avatar.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

traingirl21
Railroadfan...fan

pic avatar

Unread post by traingirl21 »

whats a thumb nail once you click onthe pic that i want smaller picture for avatar

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: pic avatar

Unread post by ~Z~ »

traingirl21 wrote:whats a thumb nail once you click onthe pic that i want smaller picture for avatar
A thumbnail is a smaller version of your picture. For instance, click this link: http://railroadfan.com/gallery/displayi ... pos=-32179

The thumbnails are the 7 smaller pictures below your main photo.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com