Penn Central Western Region

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Penn Central Western Region

Unread post by conrailman75 »

Penn Central Western Region is located in PC's headquarters city of Ft. Wayne, IN and consists of the Ft. Wayne, Chicago, Toledo and Pittsburgh divisions. The primary showpiece of the region is the ex PRR Ft. Wayne mainline running from Pittsburgh to Chicago along with several branch lines. I will provide a detailed list of each divisions territories in my replies, so keep reading!
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Re: Penn Central Western Region

Unread post by DT&I »

conrailman75 wrote:Penn Central Western Region is located in PC's headquarters city of Ft. Wayne, IN and consists of the Ft. Wayne, Chicago, Toledo and Pittsburgh divisions. The primary showpiece of the region is the ex PRR Ft. Wayne mainline running from Pittsburgh to Chicago along with several branch lines. I will provide a detailed list of each divisions territories in my replies, so keep reading!
Would this be the CF&E? Becuase the DT&C already owns it, sorry if it is.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Fort Wayne division

Penn Central's Fort Wayne division is headquartered in its namesake city of Ft. Wayne, IN and the largest yard is Piqua yard in Ft. Wayne. The list of each lines in it is below:

Mainline Pittsburgh to Chicago(ex PRR)
runs Colsan(Bucyrus) to Wanatah, IN
all double track(#1 Eastbound, #2 Westbound)
all CTC signalled
Trains(this is going to be long)
Amtrak #1/#2 Broadway Limited
Amtrak #7/#8 Wabash Cannonball
Amtrak #3/#4 Lake Cities
FWCP 44/FWPC 43(mail train)
TV7/TV8
CHPI/PICH - Pittsburgh to Chicago
CJPI/PICJ - Chicago Junction to Pittsburgh(originates on EJ&E)
IHPI/PIIH - IHB to Pittsburgh(originates on IHB)
GRPI/PIGR - Grand Rapids to Pittsburgh(runs Ft. Wayne to Colsan)
UCH 486/UCH 481(coal train) runs Chicago to Colsan
INPI/PIIN - Indianapolis to Pittsburgh(runs Van Wert to Colsan)
FWCR 484/CRFW 482 - Ft. Wayne to Crestline
FWPI-A/PIFW-A(1st section) Ft. Wayne to Pittsburgh
FWPI-B/PIFW-B(2nd section) Ft. Wayne to Pittsburgh
CHFW/FWCH - Ft. Wayne to Chicago
BRFW/FWBR - BRC to Ft. Wayne(originates on BRC)
IHFW/FWIH - IHB to Ft. Wayne(originates on IHB)
CJFW/FWCJ - EJ&E to Ft. Wayne(originates on EJ&E)
PRFW/FWPR - Proviso to Ft. Wayne
CHIN/INCH - Indianapolis to Chicago(runs Ft. Wayne to Chicago)
TOPI/PITO - Pittsburgh to Toledo(runs Colsan to Dunkirk)
CHTO/TOCH - Toledo to Chicago(runs Ft. Wayne to Chicago)
JAPI/PIJA - Jackson to Pittsburgh(runs Ft. Wayne to Colsan)
UWC 493/UWC 492(coal train) runs Chicago to Ft. Wayne
UWC 693/UWC 692(coal train) runs Chicago to Ft. Wayne
GRTO/TOGR - Toledo to Grand Rapids(runs Ft. Wayne to Dunkirk)
INTO/TOIN - Indy to Toledo(runs Van Wert to Dunkirk)
CSX Q325/Q326 - runs Clarke Jct(near Gary) to Ft. Wayne
CSX Q114/Q113 - runs Clarke Jct(near Gary) to Crestline(intermodal)
CSX Q356/Q357 - runs Crestline to Clarke Jct
CSX Q524/Q523 - runs Lima to Clarke Jct
CSX Q316/Q317 - runs Lima to Clarke Jct
NS 40T/41T - runs Pittsburgh to Bart(Hobart, IN) intermodal
NS 421/422 - runs Pittsburgh to Bart
NS 381/382 - runs Colsan to Bart
NS 30K/31E - runs Colsan to Bart

GR&I Branch(ex PRR)
runs Howe to Ft. Wayne
all double track(#1 Southbound, #2 Northbound)
all CTC signalled and controlled
Trains
(see list on Grand Rapids Division post for road trains)
CSX Q840/Q841 - runs LaOtto to Ft. Wayne(interchange run from Garrett)
WAFW-440/WAFW-442(local) runs Ft. Wayne to LaOtto

Northern Branch(ex NYC)
runs Jackson to Van Wert
all single track, dispatched by trainorders
Trains
JAIN/INJA - Indy to Jackson
TOJA/JATO - Toledo to Jackson(runs Cecil to Jackson)
TOIN-X/INTO-X(extra Toledo to Indy) runs Cecil to Van Wert
101/102(long haul locals) runs Jackson to Van Wert

Ft. Wayne Secondary(ex PRR)
runs Adams(near Ft. Wayne) to Richmond
all single track, dispatched by train orders
Trains
TV1/TV2
WDRW 4662/WDRW 4664(local) runs Adams to Decatur and return - services Central Soya in Decatur
FWIN/INFW - Indy to Ft. Wayne
FWIN-X/FWIN-X(extra Indy to Ft. Wayne)
GRIN/INGR - Indy to Grand Rapids
CHIN/INCH - Chicago to Indy
FWDR 4884/DRFW 4882(local) runs Adams to Richmond

Vandale Secondary(ex PRR)
runs LaOtto to Butler
Trains
WAFW 440/WAFW 442(local) runs LaOtto to Butler and return
(serves SDI up near Butler)

Bluffton Branch(ex NKP)
runs Decatur to Bluffton
Trains
WDCBW 2664/WDCBW 2662(local) runs Decatur to Bluffton and return

Huntington Secondary(ex EL)
runs Decatur to Huntington
Trains
ELDMH 95/ELDMH 96(local) runs Decatur to Huntington and return

Ohio City Secondary(ex NKP)
runs Decatur to Ohio City
all single track dispatched by trainorders
Trains
DPMOC 93/OCPMD 94(local) runs Decatur to Ohio City and return

Columbia City Secondary(ex PRR)
runs Columbia City to Mexico, IN
Trains
FWND/NDFW - Fort Wayne to Mexico
UBN 122/UBN 123(coal) Columbia City to Mexico
UBN 163/UBN 164(coal) Columbia City to Mexico
(large AEP power plant located in Mexico gets powder river coal from BNSF)
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

DT&I wrote:
conrailman75 wrote:Penn Central Western Region is located in PC's headquarters city of Ft. Wayne, IN and consists of the Ft. Wayne, Chicago, Toledo and Pittsburgh divisions. The primary showpiece of the region is the ex PRR Ft. Wayne mainline running from Pittsburgh to Chicago along with several branch lines. I will provide a detailed list of each divisions territories in my replies, so keep reading!
In my world, there was never a CF&E because again, my Penn Central retained ownership of this line on Conrail day, 4/1/76, and it was never sold or downgraded or split to anyone(especially not CSX and certainly not Railgenerica). I'm sorry guys, but this is one thing I'm drawing the line on. If I cannot have the old PRR mainline thru Ft. Wayne, the line my grandfather worked on in real life, then I am withdrawing my PC from your paper railroad system and will leave it exist in a separate universe because I created this whole idea of a fictional Penn Central to begin with so that I would have a reason to keep the Fort Wayne line across Indiana double track with all the towers and make it busier than it ever was under PC or Conrail in real life. Now if you'd like to build a third main next to my double track or acquire trackage rights on my line, then I'd be willing to talk but otherwise I am fully prepared to go it alone and pretend none of your companies ever existed in my world.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

DT&I wrote:
Seriously? I mean... Really? You and MQT take this stuff way too seriously. Go outside and play once in awhile.
Bottom text.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Y@ wrote:
DT&I wrote:
Seriously? I mean... Really? You and MQT take this stuff way too seriously. Go outside and play once in awhile.
Im pretty sure I'm on a AA hockey team and practice 2 hours everyday? Just becuase we organize things doesn't mean we're obsessed with these? We just want to add realism and have partners to interchange with. This is the first time I've been on all day after having a hockey game in Jackson, Michigan. Just go play with your own paper railroad by yourself while we do this together... :roll:

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Y@ wrote:
DT&I wrote:
If you don't want to join, quit being mean to us. None of us has done anything mean to you, so why are you being mean to us?
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Chicago Division

The Penn Central Chicago Division is headquartered in Chicago, IL and the largest yards are 55th and 59th street yards, with a smaller yard in Logansport. Here is the list of lines:

runs Wanatah to Chicago
all double track and CTC signalled
Trains covered in post on Ft. Wayne division

Mainline Chicago to Columbus
runs Chicago to Logansport to Bradford
double track Chicago to Logansport
Single track Logansport to Anoka
all CTC signalled
Trains
TV20/TV21(runs Chicago to Logansport)
Mail-91/Mail-92(runs Chicago to Logansport)
TV210/TV211
COCH/CHCO - Chicago to Columbus
LOCH/CHLO - Logansport to Chicago
CYPI/PICY - Pittsburgh to Chicago yard(59th st)
SLCO/COSL - Columbus to St. Louis(runs Logansport to Bradford)
HACY/CYHA - Hawthorne(Indy) to Chicago yard(59th st)

I&F Branch(ex PRR)
runs Logansport to Indianapolis
Trains
SLCO/COSL - Columbus to St. Louis
HACY/CYHA - Hawthorne(Indy) to Chicago yard(59th st)
INLO/LOIN - Logansport to Indianapolis
Mail-91/Mail-92
TV21/TV20

Englewood Connecting track(ex PRR)
runs between 55th and 59th street yards in Chicago
mostly double track, with short single track section
all signalled and CTC'd
Trains
TV20/TV21
Mail-91/Mail-92
TV211/TV210
Transfer trains 900/901

Danville Secondary(ex NYC)
runs Schneider to Danville
Trains
CHNS/NSCH - NS(Danville) to Chicago

Kankakee Branch(ex NYC)
runs Hamlet to Schneider
Trains
CHNS/NSCH - NS(Danville) to Chicago
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Sorry if my post came across as mean sounding, I apologize for that because it was never meant that way.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Jeez Y@...
Last edited by DT&I on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

conrailman75 wrote:Sorry if my post came across as mean sounding, I apologize for that because it was never meant that way.
I think you are fine. Anyway, these spats we've gotten involved in this weekend is simply because your new paper railroad is large, and at times hard to understand due to its many now downgraded or abandoned lines. These spats are really just growing pains if you will. All we have to do is be diplomatic. For example, just ask DT&I if you can have the CFE and offer him trackage rights, then work from there.

Of course, our spat the other night was a misunderstanding.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Toledo Division

The Penn Central Toledo Division is headquartered in Toledo, OH and consists of only a couple of lines. The largest yard in the system is an old PRR yard in Lime City, OH. Here are the two lines:

Toledo District(ex WAB)
runs New Haven, IN to Toledo
Ft. Wayne to New Haven via NS trackage rights
Trains
TV11/TV12
TOFW/FWTO - Toledo to Ft. Wayne
JATO/TOJA - Jackson to Toledo(runs Cecil to Toledo)
CHTO/TOCH - Toledo to Chicago
TOIN-X/INTO-X(extra Toledo to Indy) runs Cecil to Toledo

Toledo Branch(ex NYC)
runs Toledo to Dunkirk
all single track, CTC'd and signalled
Trains
TOIN/INTO - Toledo to Indianapolis
TOGR/GRTO - Toledo to Grand Rapids
TOPI/PITO - Toledo to Pittsburgh
TOCI/CITO - Toledo to Cincinnati
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

DT&I wrote:
conrailman75 wrote:Sorry if my post came across as mean sounding, I apologize for that because it was never meant that way.
I understand it, i think ill let you have the PRR line through there, but at Lima could we have trackage rights?
You can have trackage rights anywhere you want on my system for granting ownership of the PRR mainline to me. It was silly of me to expect you guys to know that a paper railroad I literally created on paper using old maps and employee timetables over a decade ago owned all these different lines way before you had the idea to post fictional railroads on the internet. This is my first time trying to put my PC on the internet and hopefully we can get the wrinkles ironed out after I get my full plan posted.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

conrailman75 wrote:
DT&I wrote:
I understand it, i think ill let you have the PRR line through there, but at Lima could we have trackage rights?
You can have trackage rights anywhere you want on my system for granting ownership of the PRR mainline to me. It was silly of me to expect you guys to know that a paper railroad I literally created on paper using old maps and employee timetables over a decade ago owned all these different lines way before you had the idea to post fictional railroads on the internet. This is my first time trying to put my PC on the internet and hopefully we can get the wrinkles ironed out after I get my full plan posted.
I hope you can understand this but i kinda changed my mind, the DTC needs that line, i changed my mind when i saw you wanted the TCP toledo branch, this post is not meamt in a mean way.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Pittsburgh Division

Penn Central's Pittsburgh division is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA and the primary yard is Conway yard, granted to PC as a condition of the Conrail split. We reciprical switch all NS traffic arriving from the east coast there and send their trains back east to them, while sending our trains west from there. There are only two lines in the Pittsburgh division and they are as follows:

runs Pittsburgh to Colsan(Bucyrus)
includes yard and shops at Crestline
all double track and signalled for CTC
Trains
see post on Ft. Wayne division

Mainline Pittsburgh to Columbus(ex PRR)
runs Pittsburgh to Uhrich
all double track and signalled for CTC
Trains
see post on Southern Region Columbus division
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

conrailman75 wrote:
I hope you can understand this but i kinda changed my mind, the DTC needs that line, i changed my mind when i saw you wanted the TCP toledo branch, this post is not meamt in a mean way.[/quote]

I'll make you a deal, you can have the Toledo Branch since I can just abolish the Toledo Division and fold the Toledo District main(today's Maumee and Western) into the Ft. Wayne division unless of course someone owns that and if that's the case, I'll just forget trying to reach Toledo and perhaps sign haulage agreement with one of your RR's to get cars up there. I'll give up all that in exchange for the Fort Wayne mainline, because I need you guys to understand that without that key line, my entire idea for this railroad will collapse. Not trying to be mean either, but that line is the engine that drives my company and its going nowhere without it.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

conrailman75 wrote:
conrailman75 wrote:
I hope you can understand this but i kinda changed my mind, the DTC needs that line, i changed my mind when i saw you wanted the TCP toledo branch, this post is not meamt in a mean way.
I'll make you a deal, you can have the Toledo Branch since I can just abolish the Toledo Division and fold the Toledo District main(today's Maumee and Western) into the Ft. Wayne division unless of course someone owns that and if that's the case, I'll just forget trying to reach Toledo and perhaps sign haulage agreement with one of your RR's to get cars up there. I'll give up all that in exchange for the Fort Wayne mainline, because I need you guys to understand that without that key line, my entire idea for this railroad will collapse. Not trying to be mean either, but that line is the engine that drives my company and its going nowhere without it.[/quote]
The TCP owns the Toledo Branch, and the TSCR owns the MAW but if I can keep those lines Ill give you the Ft. Wayne line and you can have hualage/ trackage rights over the TCP to toledo.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

DT&I wrote:
conrailman75 wrote:

I'll make you a deal, you can have the Toledo Branch since I can just abolish the Toledo Division and fold the Toledo District main(today's Maumee and Western) into the Ft. Wayne division unless of course someone owns that and if that's the case, I'll just forget trying to reach Toledo and perhaps sign haulage agreement with one of your RR's to get cars up there. I'll give up all that in exchange for the Fort Wayne mainline, because I need you guys to understand that without that key line, my entire idea for this railroad will collapse. Not trying to be mean either, but that line is the engine that drives my company and its going nowhere without it.
The TCP owns the Toledo Branch, and the TSCR owns the MAW but if I can keep those lines Ill give you the Ft. Wayne line and you can have hualage/ trackage rights over the TCP to toledo.
Okay, you have a deal! Now, who owns the old Toledo Terminal trackage? I don't want it, just want to figure out who to deal with so that I can get trackage rights with them for my traffic to reach the yard in Lime City.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

conrailman75 wrote:
DT&I wrote:
conrailman75 wrote:

Okay, you have a deal! Now, who owns the old Toledo Terminal trackage? I don't want it, just want to figure out who to deal with so that I can get trackage rights with them for my traffic to reach the yard in Lime City.
Thatd be the TSCR, and yes you may have trackage rights over it lol but 2 other rr's already have rights besides the TSCR and you so yo might wanna go take a look at the thread titled "TO ALL RAILROADS THAT USE THE TBR(TSCR)" and youll get more info.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

PC Western Region operating changes

As of today, 4/16/12, the Toledo Division ceases to exist as an operating division on Penn Central and in the Western Region. The lines have been sold to shortline owner DT&I and his railroad properties. All trains running those lines have also been annulled and are no longer in the Freight Schedule book effective today.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH