Penn Central Northern Region

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Re: Penn Central Northern Region

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

Oooo, this could get very interesting! I agree with DT&I, MQT, your screwed. Hey, you know what, MQT, if you accepted my offer last night, Y@ probably wouldn't be creating a 100 mph railroad that will run you out of business, since you wouldn't be in the area of South Haven, but instead be proud owner of the GR&P, which you could have called the MQT and repainted all engines to the 3001 scheme.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Okay, and this is not a result of Y@'s rude comments, I would like to say sorry for sounding like a butt. I've been stressed the last few nights due to medical issues with my mom, so I've been abnormally grumpy or arrogant at times. My goal was never to annoy or make anyone one mad. The whole coal plant thing was meant to simply point out that it sounded wierd, and not to be mean....seriously.

I'd also like to fire back and say that the only one that should be replying about getting upset is conrailman75, as its his paper RR. Since my last post, he hasn't replied, so how do you know how he'll feel?? This is an issue between he and I, NOT he, atrain, Y@, DT&I, and me. Some people really need to stay out of other people's business.

I'm sorry, I didn't intend to sound mean, because I don't want to sound mean.

I'm looking foward to reading more about conrailman's very interesting paper RR.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Oh man, I didn't know your mom has been having medical issues. I'm sorry about that, I hope she's okay.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Sorry for derailing your paper railroad thread, conrailman75.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

atrainguy60 wrote:Sorry for derailing your paper railroad thread, conrailman75.
Yeah, sorry. I wasn't trying to.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

Hi guys, well I accept your apology for hijacking my thread :) Anyways, MQT, I owe you an apology because I misunderstood your comments last night. Now I finally get what you're saying, that there is an actual nuke power plant that really exists in South Haven. Sorry for disbelieving you and I will say a prayer for your mom tonight, hope she gets better!
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Would your track be the line on my CSX timetable that appears as abandoned and is labeled "Monon" or somthing like that?

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Perhaps, not sure right now. I have looked into my collection of Penn Central ETT's(talking about the real PC, not the one I created in my mind) and both do not show a diamond in South Haven, the only diamond that would be CSX is in Grand Junction where it crossed the ex PM line. I will go look at the files in the K&SH yahoogroup and see if they mention anything about a diamond. I do know that the real South Haven Branch was abandoned by 1975 and today the entire line was converted into a walking/bike trail called the Kal-Haven trail.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

conrailman75 wrote:Perhaps, not sure right now. I have looked into my collection of Penn Central ETT's(talking about the real PC, not the one I created in my mind) and both do not show a diamond in South Haven, the only diamond that would be CSX is in Grand Junction where it crossed the ex PM line. I will go look at the files in the K&SH yahoogroup and see if they mention anything about a diamond. I do know that the real South Haven Branch was abandoned by 1975 and today the entire line was converted into a walking/bike trail called the Kal-Haven trail.
The Grand Junction Crossing on my April 1996 PM TT shows the old abandoned line as a "Horse Trail". That Monon line is actually way down by the East End of the Michigan City Siding.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

MQT3001 wrote:
conrailman75 wrote:Perhaps, not sure right now. I have looked into my collection of Penn Central ETT's(talking about the real PC, not the one I created in my mind) and both do not show a diamond in South Haven, the only diamond that would be CSX is in Grand Junction where it crossed the ex PM line. I will go look at the files in the K&SH yahoogroup and see if they mention anything about a diamond. I do know that the real South Haven Branch was abandoned by 1975 and today the entire line was converted into a walking/bike trail called the Kal-Haven trail.
The Grand Junction Crossing on my April 1996 PM TT shows the old abandoned line as a "Horse Trail". That Monon line is actually way down by the East End of the Michigan City Siding.
That makes sense then because the Monon used to reach Michigan City before the line was abandoned, which was back in the late 70's after L&N took over the Monon if I'm not mistaken.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Train annullment:

Due to MQT owning the now former CSX trackage in Grand Rapids, Penn Central is annulling the two CSX trackage rights trains on the GR&I Branch, Q325/Q326, since they no longer have a reason to exist.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Trains on the Northern Region at 6:45pm

UWC-693 is at Grand Junction
GRIN-7 is at Wasepi, MI
FWJY-7 just departed Piqua yard and was passing Mike Tower
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH