TO ALL RAILROADS THAT USE THE TBR(TSCR)

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
DT&I
Commodore Perry

TO ALL RAILROADS THAT USE THE TBR(TSCR)

Unread post by DT&I »

TO ALL RAILROADS, YOU WILL START BEING CHARGED A MAINTENANCE FEE FOR USING THET TBR, THE TRACKS HAVE BECOME TERRIBLE IN THE LAST FEW MONTHS. SO THE NEW FEE IS 799.99 A MONTH.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: TO ALL RAILROADS THAT USE THE TBR(TSCR)

Unread post by Saturnalia »

DT&I wrote:TO ALL RAILROADS, YOU WILL START BEING CHARGED A MAINTENANCE FEE FOR USING THET TBR, THE TRACKS HAVE BECOME TERRIBLE IN THE LAST FEW MONTHS. SO THE NEW FEE IS 799.99 A MONTH.
So you are going to gain like $2,000 per month? LOL
at $200,000 per switch.......eh..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

LOL most of it will go to maintanace but some should become profits.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

DT&I wrote:LOL most of it will go to maintanace but some should become profits.
You did not charge enough to cover maintenance and repairs. It should be per mile but I don't know the going rate but I'm sure it depends on tonnage.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

AARR wrote:
DT&I wrote:LOL most of it will go to maintanace but some should become profits.
You did not charge enough to cover maintenance and repairs. It should be per mile but I don't know the going rate but I'm sure it depends on tonnage.
I believe its ton-miles....smaller ##, like $50 or something..... :?

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Well we need to replace all the rail in segments starting with the east. The 100 lb rail needs to be replaced with 130 lb rail for the higher volume of traffic, plus all of the ties need to be replaced, the signalling is old and the diamonds are worn.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

you could apply for federal grants to help with maintaince cost. also you could get some grants/ tax breaks by doing eco related things like solar pannels at your offices and water saving stuff.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Ok maybe we'll get a grant. Concrete ties might be expiremented with.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

My Penn Central is willing to pay for the upgrade to the diamond at Gould.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

conrailman75 wrote:My Penn Central is willing to pay for the upgrade to the diamond at Gould.
Ok then you can have 1st priority besides TSCR trains. Should be replaced early June.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

DT&I wrote:
conrailman75 wrote:My Penn Central is willing to pay for the upgrade to the diamond at Gould.
Ok then you can have 1st priority besides TSCR trains. Should be replaced early June.
Now, with him getting second pick, you slow down the other trains using the diamond on your track, thereby slowing down you. this is why it's usually first come first serve or one RR gets first priority, then each RR divides up priorities themselves. you are just explaining a way to create a crawl on a mainline :wink:

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

MQT3001 wrote:
DT&I wrote:
Now, with him getting second pick, you slow down the other trains using the diamond on your track, thereby slowing down you. this is why it's usually first come first serve or one RR gets first priority, then each RR divides up priorities themselves. you are just explaining a way to create a crawl on a mainline :wink:
The TSCR still has ultimate priority.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Okay, the TBR is jammed. Time to upgrade again. Marquette has been bumped because of congestion, and it's causing havoc for our crews who spend too much time going the other way around.

I think it's time for a 3rd track, all welded rail, 40 mph track & turnouts. Then rename it the Toledo Raceway. :lol:

DT&I has more details on who runs what over the line, and probably the best way is for us all to pay a share equal to the percentage of tonnage we run.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

MQT3001 wrote:Okay, the TBR is jammed. Time to upgrade again. Marquette has been bumped because of congestion, and it's causing havoc for our crews who spend too much time going the other way around.

I think it's time for a 3rd track, all welded rail, 40 mph track & turnouts. Then rename it the Toledo Raceway. :lol:

DT&I has more details on who runs what over the line, and probably the best way is for us all to pay a share equal to the percentage of tonnage we run.
The whole TBR will be renamed the Toledo Speedway(after the famous Toledo Speedway) and the triple track will only be between TSCR's Lang Yard turnout and Walbridge. And MQT will be paying full price here since NS, WCSR, CSX, and TSCR all voted against this for a couple reasons. 1. None of these railroads has a problem with the current arrangement except MQT. 2. None of these railroads wants to pay for upgrades that do not need to be done. 3. None of these railroads have a problem with going over the western half except MQT. 4. I have a solution.

The solution is as follows and I think MQT will agree...

We(TSCR) are not upgrading the TBR due to ongoing projects in Central Ohio and Southern Illinois. But since they(Marquette Rail) seem to have a problem with the current arrangement we will attept to ease traffic flow on the TBR. All CSX and NS trains will use the western half(CSX Ore trains are exempt). MQT and WCSR will have to work out a scheduling agreement so that MQT trains aren't held up by the Cannonball. Also TSCR trains will get #1 priority followed by MQT on the eastern half and only the eastern half. MQT trains may still be rerouted over the western half if there is to much traffic. That is all.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heartlandguy »

DT&I wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:Okay, the TBR is jammed. Time to upgrade again. Marquette has been bumped because of congestion, and it's causing havoc for our crews who spend too much time going the other way around.

The whole TBR will be renamed the Toledo Speedway(after the famous Toledo Speedway) and the triple track will only be between TSCR's Lang Yard turnout and Walbridge. And MQT will be paying full price here since NS, WCSR, CSX, and TSCR all voted against this for a couple reasons. 1. None of these railroads has a problem with the current arrangement except MQT. 2. None of these railroads wants to pay for upgrades that do not need to be done. 3. None of these railroads have a problem with going over the western half except MQT. 4. I have a solution.

We(TSCR) are not upgrading the TBR due to ongoing projects in Central Ohio and Southern Illinois. But since they(Marquette Rail) seem to have a problem with the current arrangement we will attept to ease traffic flow on the TBR. All CSX and NS trains will use the western half(CSX Ore trains are exempt). MQT and WCSR will have to work out a scheduling agreement so that MQT trains aren't held up by the Cannonball. Also TSCR trains will get #1 priority followed by MQT on the eastern half and only the eastern half. MQT trains may still be rerouted over the western half if there is to much traffic. That is all.
Don't forget DERRs stone trains that go up to the docks. We gonna have to all the way around as well?
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

DT&I wrote:

We can use the western route if you sped it up. 40mph minimum unless telemetry says no and turnouts at least track speed. Or, you can kiss 20 trains goodbye.

MQT pays for decent access to Stanley, not a 6-hour sight-seeing tour of Toledo.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Well those trains go to Stanley, and how else would you get around Toledo. The western half is all jointed rail and the ties and ballast need replaced. If MQT can pay for that we can atleast get it to 50 MPH. The DERR would be exempt as well.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

DT&I wrote:Well those trains go to Stanley, and how else would you get around Toledo. The western half is all jointed rail and the ties and ballast need replaced. If MQT can pay for that we can atleast get it to 50 MPH. The DERR would be exempt as well.
MQT would pay for some, but not for all of it. We pay for ton-miles on the eastern route, and the fact we've been bumped means we're paying way more than we should for the service. The Operations Department is very unhappy that we signed for the eastern route, then got bumped by railroads that came in later.

We can do the Western route, but MQT isn't paying all of it and we want 1st priority if we do go that way.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

MQT3001 wrote:
DT&I wrote:Well those trains go to Stanley, and how else would you get around Toledo. The western half is all jointed rail and the ties and ballast need replaced. If MQT can pay for that we can atleast get it to 50 MPH. The DERR would be exempt as well.
MQT would pay for some, but not for all of it. We pay for ton-miles on the eastern route, and the fact we've been bumped means we're paying way more than we should for the service. The Operations Department is very unhappy that we signed for the eastern route, then got bumped by railroads that came in later.

We can do the Western route, but MQT isn't paying all of it and we want 1st priority if we do go that way.
Well if you had trains going to the docks you wouldn't have to use the western route, DERR and CSX can't go over the western half all the way around becuase 1. Its even farther than what MQT has 2. There is no wye from Walbridge/Stanley to the west(Hence why we don't send northbound TSCR trains that way) But CSX has another yard where they can turn trains to go west. Which is why they are going that way. You have to understand you are scewing up TSCR's schedule to build and repair things. Our Northeastern Division Operations Department is also unhappy due to the fact we have to move back all our projects. Plus the Lakeshore Sub might not even be started until 2021 the way we are looking and we don't want to have to renew rights on MQT or NS. So in conclusion, it is not looking good unless you can pay for all of it or you can convince CSX and NS to help with the cost you are paying if you want this done.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

DT&I wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:

Well if you had trains going to the docks you wouldn't have to use the western route, DERR and CSX can't go over the western half all the way around becuase 1. Its even farther than what MQT has 2. There is no wye from Walbridge/Stanley to the west(Hence why we don't send northbound TSCR trains that way) But CSX has another yard where they can turn trains to go west. Which is why they are going that way. You have to understand you are scewing up TSCR's schedule to build and repair things. Our Northeastern Division Operations Department is also unhappy due to the fact we have to move back all our projects. Plus the Lakeshore Sub might not even be started until 2021 the way we are looking and we don't want to have to renew rights on MQT or NS. So in conclusion, it is not looking good unless you can pay for all of it or you can convince CSX and NS to help with the cost you are paying if you want this done.
I'll pay for all of it if I may buy the line.