Marquette Rail

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: Detroit, Grand Rapids, & Porter Railway

Unread post by Saturnalia »

the loco special is arriving at Wyoming. going to the back of the house with the new power. It should be said that the patch paint wasn't dry....streaks of it are visible running horizontally down the side from the 70 MPH running east of Lansing :lol:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

203 car honked train from CSX to GR is coming onto the DGRP main. Got six SD70ACes on the point, with two picking up the rear

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Press Release

The FRAhas agreed to allow the DGRP to change it's name to Marquette Rail. DGRP still owns the MQT mark, and all locos and cars will change over when they are repainted. most locos will be repainted to change the DGRP to Marquette on the sides, and the change will make the scheme indetical to the old GLLX 3001 Scheme.

also, DGRP has entered talks about acquiring GLLX, keeping it as a subsidiary

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Please remember that the GDRP will become MQT at 0001 EDT.

The GP35s have all had their pre-inspection, and are awaiting shop time. The LSRC/D&M locos are being overhauled, with nearly every DGRP mechanic working on the units at Wyoming. A full roster should come tomorrow, and that will include paint info!

Also, heads up for railfans along the Baldwin Sub: For the first full week of April, PM 1225 & 1223 will be running between GR and Ludington/Manistee for tourists.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: Marquette Rail

Our stock pile of parts for our locos is getting even bigger with 10 cars of old GP and SD parts EMD found coming off the NS chicago line and onto the GR Sub. GLLX 3002 leading in its fresh MQT paint (GLLX 3001 scheme)

Also, MQT has entered talk to aquire GLLX as a subsidiary...this would give MQT full control of the GLLX reporting mark and GLLX 3001-3003, and those units would become MQT units, with any extra power up for short-term leases.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

You just want GLLX because that way, your user name would be correct.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

atrainguy60 wrote:You just want GLLX because that way, your user name would be correct.
my username wasnt meant to be the LOCO! Favorite Railroad, favorite road ##.....I didn't want MQTGLLX3001...

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

its official: GLLX is now part of Marquette Rail. all former GLLX staff and investors will get a piece of the MQT pie.
This means the four GLLX locos: 3001, 3002, 3003, 4433 will all be re-lettered into MQT (3003 & 4433 will revieve paint, 3001 & 3002 are already in it). All locos will be upgraded to -3 status as well.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

U392-KE is powering up off the wye to the MQT with autoracks and gondolas with ex-AA GP35 trucks. Train has TSCR 9954 and 22 and is bound for Wyoming Yard.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

DT&I wrote:U392-KE is powering up off the wye to the MQT with autoracks and gondolas with ex-AA GP35 trucks. Train has TSCR 9954 and 22 and is bound for Wyoming Yard.
Will go to track 35 in wyoming

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

MQT3001 wrote:
DT&I wrote:U392-KE is powering up off the wye to the MQT with autoracks and gondolas with ex-AA GP35 trucks. Train has TSCR 9954 and 22 and is bound for Wyoming Yard.
Should be there by 6 PM. Unless you have other trains to run by it.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

DT&I wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:
Should be there by 6 PM. Unless you have other trains to run by it.
Nope, just flew by Alto, we holding a train at Fox, and another EB is getting their airtest and will meet U392 at Pleasant Street before going up to pass the CP train at Fox. In other words, its got a straight shot.
Clear Alto @ 1729 EDT
Tying down the train on track 35, about to move to track 17 to pick up the return train. This will make 6 trains running back to back to back....ect on the Plymouth Sub tonight...heads up Lansing & Plymouth. First train is taking on the hill West of Alto

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

We have got lots of ties coming....a 186 car train of them just passed through Joliet, Illinois. Expect them to be through Pine Jct around 1700 EDT. They have high-priority, a least on the MQT because they are needed in Rodgers City for track re-laying up to Mackinac. The train is all 89 ft flats, with 1,000 concrete ties each. Power is 4 of our SD70ACes leading, two of our GP40-3s (ex LSRC) doing the distrubuted power work.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

MQT3001 wrote:We have got lots of ties coming....a 186 car train of them just passed through Joliet, Illinois. Expect them to be through Pine Jct around 1700 EDT. They have high-priority, a least on the MQT because they are needed in Rodgers City for track re-laying up to Mackinac. The train is all 89 ft flats, with 1,000 concrete ties each. Power is 4 of our SD70ACes leading, two of our GP40-3s (ex LSRC) doing the distrubuted power work.
Got held up at Pine and Porter, currently going through Coloma...two SD40-2s (3002 and 3003 in fresh paint) waiting at Wells to Push 'em up Saugatuck and Thornapple

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

here is something interesting, although not the right time for filming or taking pics: we have a train, headed by GLLX 3001 and 3 other SD40-2s, hauling 100 stone cars with a caboose on the end, heading to Alpena tonight. They are currently at Godfrey Street in GR. the caboose is for local train ops in Alpena, with the stone cars going up for the stone season

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

the first of many double tracking Projects for the Grand Rapids Line (Plymouth to Porter) will begin on Monday. The Siding at Hudsonville will be joined to the Run around track in Grandville, and that will tie into the two mains....crossovers will be at Grandville and East End Hudsonville. This is expected to take 2 weeks, operational on April 15th at 6am for Amtrak.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

loaded tie train with 224 cars is coming off the NS at Porter....going to tracks 6 and 8 in Wyoming...these are for the new track between Grandville and Hudsonville. Got 3 100 car ballast trains prepping to leave Alpena today as well...We have contracts with all of the mines for their tailings to use as ballast....all have contracts for fifty cents per yard. those are destined for Wyoming tracks 37,39, and 41.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

MQT3001 wrote:loaded tie train with 224 cars is coming off the NS at Porter....going to tracks 6 and 8 in Wyoming...these are for the new track between Grandville and Hudsonville. Got 3 100 car ballast trains prepping to leave Alpena today as well...We have contracts with all of the mines for their tailings to use as ballast....all have contracts for fifty cents per yard. those are destined for Wyoming tracks 37,39, and 41.
That tie train is U921...Currently going through Michigan City
The Ballast trains are:
V941...Currently Going Through Ossniekee
V942...Currently Going Through Downtown Alpena
V943...Currently doing Airtest in Alpena Yard, set to leave once V942 Clears Werth Road

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

can I reroute over MQT rail from Wayne (or at least where Wayne Junction is now) to the GR&P? should be 3 trains each way for the next 12 hours
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:can I reroute over MQT rail from Wayne (or at least where Wayne Junction is now) to the GR&P? should be 3 trains each way for the next 12 hours
Ok. Green Lights all the way...