Sights Seen September 17

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Sights Seen September 17

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Not much of a trip, had to take a trip home overnight last night, and on the way back today, I saw a couple things I figured I may as well post here. For the most part, I didn't see anything, other than the Michigan Southern in White Pigeon. The 66 and 466 and that yellow unit with the green stripe were all in about the same place they were the last time I'd passed through town in July. The 101 was in the same place as well, just across the road from the locomotive shop(?) building. The 907 and 908 were both in front of the building. Posted below are some shots I took of the dead line. One other thing I noticed, while passing through Elkhart (hey, I don't get over that way much, and figured while I'm taking my time going back, I may as well see everything I possibly can), the Elkhart and Western appaered to be active. No cars that I could see in what appear to be their storage tracks, although the 1000 was running and had headlights on, with the gate to their property open, and it appeared someone was on the deck moving toward the caboose. I didn't see the 911, and figured it was involved in some sort of interchange with the NS. Drove up to the station, and saw an intermodal leave for the east, but no transfer. As I was very, very tired, I didn't bother to go back for pics of the E&W in motion, but did drive out alongside the Elkhart Yard, seeing a lot of freight cars but not a lot of motive power. Did see an ex-CR SD40, with numbers on the cabside of a different font than other ex-CR locos, can't quite remember the number off of the top of my head through. So, yeah, the pics I have are below, and if I
get a chance, I'll post more later.

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

Awesome pics man. Sure wish those Alcos were still used everyday. Hopefully someone will come along and save them