Crestline 3-12-11 and 3-13-11 Part I

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Crestline 3-12-11 and 3-13-11 Part I

Unread post by bdconrail29 »

Ok, so here is a test run of my flickr account. I must place an * next to this account, because I am getting a much better (yes, spending money) camera for these photos. So this is the end of the old camera, but just wanted to try this so I know how when I 1. get all my old photos uploaded pre-1999, and 2. get a better camera. So here goes, enjoy if you can, haha.

I headed over to Crestline on Saturday March 12, 2011 after having been at work for awhile. First up was eastbound hotshot Q108 on #2 track.

The second shot shows Q108 charging eastbound toward the official CP 75 cardinally north of the diamonds.

The third shot shows Q108 crossing #2 to #1 east due to K594 recrewing at Beam Road.

After a short wait, K594 finally is recrewed and charges westbound on #2 track, about to cross the NS diamonds.

The second shot shows K594 crossing the NS diamonds and heading west toward Livingston St.

I returned to Crestline the following day and had a lot of action. The next two views show Q123 westbound approaching the NS diamonds while crossing over #1 to #2 tracks. The second view shows Q123 going away westbound.
Brett

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Crestline Part II

So then I shot the CP E. CREST signals which was lined for NS #170. The first is a direct shot looking east down the old boardwalk. The second view is down the old connection track, which once hosted 18-20 CR symbols pre-June 1, 1999, but is now abandoned. The third view is on the boardwalk looking at the old station lights, still up on the poles but obviously not working for years.
#170 wouldn't arrive until Q227 cleared. The next two shots are off Q227 approaching the NS diamonds and then going away next to the tower.

Finally it was time for NS#170. The first shot shows #170 clicking across the Big 4 diamonds and passing the tower, with the following shot showing #170 charging towards E. CREST with the PRR signal.

The next two shots show #170 progressing by the tower and finally receeding away.
Meanwhile, 15V pulls up to County LIne Road to the east and must wait on #170 to clear. But not before Big 4 runs one more westbound, Q359.

More on part 3.
Brett

bdconrail29
Railroadfan...fan

Crestline Part 3

Finally, after Q359 clears, NS 15V has permission to go. While 359 was going by, I went out to County Line Rd. for some shots. I shot 15V slowly creeping up along the cemetery, with the old U.S. 30 bridge in the background. The next view is when he gets the diamond, that's the best signal he gets at E. CREST. I had to hurry back to the diamond.
I headed back to the diamond and shot the medium clear for 15V over the Big 4 diamonds at the tower.
Finally, 15V shows up and I shoot the first shot from the tower. The second shot is of HLCX 5953, 3rd unit in the consist.

That's it. Better photos later.
Brett