Styles

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Styles

Unread post by ~Z~ »

I'm thinking of changing around the style of the message board, just to use different colors and possibly moving some of the text around. Right now, you can choose from different styles, with one called "subsilver" being default, which is what we currently use. I'll have the new styles uploaded tonight, give them a look if you want to use any others. The one i'm looking at looks like this:

http://www.phpbb.com/styles/forum/index.php?style=117

This isn't my forum, but it would look like this. Any suggestions?
you can follow this link: http://www.phpbb.com/styles/demo.php
and use the drop down menu to pick a different theme if any of those look good. if you see one, let me know and i can import that. everyone can even have their own theme if they want.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

I think changing things around is cool, but I don't like the black one, It loses all orginzation I think. It dosen't look as neat as the current set up.

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

How about SubBlack?? That looks really cool.
Swiftblue is a good one too.
If I had to choose, I would choose Swiftblue. My dad likes that one too.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

and i see you originally said to not move a thing, yet, swift blue would slightly move them. you can even change the style on your own too. i can install any of those themes you want, and you can change back and forth. I really need to change the images at the top, then work on styles. I'll look into those two you mentioned gregg, they look decent.
Webmaster

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Here are mine, in this order, Master Yoda Clan, sorry guys Yoda knows best. Long live Star Wars!!!! Then Blue Glass, then Xeon Style

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

railroadfan wrote:and i see you originally said to not move a thing, yet, swift blue would slightly move them.
That was before I realized I could switch the colors around.

Railnut
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by Railnut »

Man, I LOVE THE GREEN!!!!!!!!! Look's better than the silver..Zack..KEEP THE GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave C

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Railnut wrote:Man, I LOVE THE GREEN!!!!!!!!! Look's better than the silver..Zack..KEEP THE GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave C
hmm...i'll work on it dave. i wish i had more time to work on this stuff...i am looking at dark EQ, but not installed yet. have to them customize it with logos and better menus. I'll keep it in mind though dave, patrick liked that one too.
Webmaster

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

yes patrick does like that one VERY much. I think it fits you and your site well.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Styles are updated. The "sub silver" as default has been removed. The two choices for now are DarkEQ, which is now the default, and "Green Glass" which is the green themed style. Feel free to choose which one you would like by clicking on profile at the top and changing "board style". I may add one more later, but we'll stick with these two for now. Thanks for the input all!
Webmaster

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

This is kind of freaky In My Opinion. I really wish you would have kept the Subsilver as an option.

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

it you do not like the dark eq then switch to the greenglass. It is closer to the subsilver format. otherwise I'm not sure what to tell you Geep

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Gregg Pullano wrote:This is kind of freaky In My Opinion. I really wish you would have kept the Subsilver as an option.
I had to remove subsilver for now to change the style for those who were using subsilver as default. It is now readded as a choice.
Webmaster