Freighter Maumee: practice night exposures – 7/01/05

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
BB
Railroadfan...fan

Freighter Maumee: practice night exposures – 7/01/05

Unread post by BB »

After chasing the train halfway to Walhalla July 1st, I went back into town and followed the freighter the Maumee through the channel downtown.

11:45pm. Boat blur, passed through the US 31 drawbridge.

11:51pm. Passing through the Maple Street drawbridge.

11:52pm. End passing through.

11:54pm. Bridge closing.

12:00am. After months of work on the US 31 bridge, it became stuck in the upright position for a few hours.

12:11am. Leaving Manistee.

12:14am. Along side of the pier.

12:21am. Passing the lighthouse heading north.

30 second exposure of the catwalk on the pier.

Hope you’ve enjoyed these practice night shots.
MQT Rail pictures at [url=http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/default.aspx]RRPictureArchives.NET[/url]
Brandon

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

nice work with the night time shots. I was going to take some during the fireworks show in grand haven last night...raining too often though. Keep up the nighttime work!
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

BB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BB »

railroadfan wrote:nice work with the night time shots. I was going to take some during the fireworks show in grand haven last night...raining too often though. Keep up the nighttime work!
Thanks Zack. I could post a small video of Manistee's fireworks.
MQT Rail pictures at [url=http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/default.aspx]RRPictureArchives.NET[/url]
Brandon

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Very cool BB!

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

The MAUMEE is one of the oldest Freighters sailing on the Great Lakes, having been built in 1929! It is an old Bradley Stone Fleet boat, (an affiliate of the US Steel company), and was sold to Grand River Navigation in 2001. During her years sailing for USS (until 2001), she was named CALCITE II. Though it was laid up in during the 2004 season after failing a Coast Guard hull inspection, GRN invested much money over this part winter to have extensive metalwork done and the ship as you saw is sailing again this year also with some new paint. If you ever get the chance to hear her horns, they are sure wonderful. Cool shots by the way :D And, if you ever seen her fleetmate the CALUMET in Manistee, she's from 1929 as well!