Board comments <- Moved

Questions and updates for http://www.railroadfan.com are posted here. If anyone has suggestions, either post here or email me at zack@railroadfan.com.
Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Re: Board comments <- Moved

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

You don't see too much of that going on as it's generally not tolerated and shouldn't be. What may be perceived as "mocking" by some is nothing but good clean fun, joking around. The atmosphere on the board is very relaxed and most people have met one another. I feel like I fall under your description but the times when I post pictures and "mock" someone it is far from that. It is purely humorous and is not intended to be taken seriously. I have no regrets and will make no apologies if someone takes offense to it, they have obviously taken it the wrong way. To add to that, I usually only joke around with people that I know and have met -- and they know my intentions. That's something that I believe sets this board apart from the others; other boards are strictly business - none of the members (not many anyhow) have met one another and. Here, most of us know one another, we can joke around and not be offended. We're all adults here, except for Pat C. I'm not mocking him -- I know him and he knows I am joking...well...he'll tell you he's not an adult either. :lol: James drives around with a mermaid on his roof. I am "mocking" him because he spelled arial wrong. I've met James and I know he can handle a little joke. Not intended to be cruel, just a little humor to keep the atmosphere light. Unfortunately, that is one of the downsides to communicating on the internet. I can say something -- and if you don't know me -- you can take it completely out of context.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Mr. Tops wrote:You don't see too much of that going on as it's generally not tolerated and shouldn't be. What may be perceived as "mocking" by some is nothing but good clean fun, joking around. The atmosphere on the board is very relaxed and most people have met one another. I feel like I fall under your description but the times when I post pictures and "mock" someone it is far from that. It is purely humorous and is not intended to be taken seriously. I have no regrets and will make no apologies if someone takes offense to it, they have obviously taken it the wrong way. To add to that, I usually only joke around with people that I know and have met -- and they know my intentions. That's something that I believe sets this board apart from the others; other boards are strictly business - none of the members (not many anyhow) have met one another and. Here, most of us know one another, we can joke around and not be offended. We're all adults here, except for Pat C. I'm not mocking him -- I know him and he knows I am joking...well...he'll tell you he's not an adult either. :lol: James drives around with a mermaid on his roof. I am "mocking" him because he spelled arial wrong. I've met James and I know he can handle a little joke. Not intended to be cruel, just a little humor to keep the atmosphere light. Unfortunately, that is one of the downsides to communicating on the internet. I can say something -- and if you don't know me -- you can take it completely out of context.
Well put Bobby... same goes for me. Unless I tell you specifically that I'm being mean or serious, it should be taken as humor. Nothing more.
Bottom text.

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

Mr. Tops wrote:You don't see too much of that going on as it's generally not tolerated and shouldn't be. What may be perceived as "mocking" by some is nothing but good clean fun, joking around. The atmosphere on the board is very relaxed and most people have met one another. I feel like I fall under your description but the times when I post pictures and "mock" someone it is far from that. It is purely humorous and is not intended to be taken seriously. I have no regrets and will make no apologies if someone takes offense to it, they have obviously taken it the wrong way. To add to that, I usually only joke around with people that I know and have met -- and they know my intentions. That's something that I believe sets this board apart from the others; other boards are strictly business - none of the members (not many anyhow) have met one another and. Here, most of us know one another, we can joke around and not be offended. We're all adults here, except for Pat C. I'm not mocking him -- I know him and he knows I am joking...well...he'll tell you he's not an adult either. :lol: James drives around with a mermaid on his roof. I am "mocking" him because he spelled arial wrong. I've met James and I know he can handle a little joke. Not intended to be cruel, just a little humor to keep the atmosphere light. Unfortunately, that is one of the downsides to communicating on the internet. I can say something -- and if you don't know me -- you can take it completely out of context.
Well put
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e