Trowbridge 06/04/05

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Trowbridge 06/04/05

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Woke up Saturday morning and headed out the door around 11am. Was driving my fiance over to Grand Ledge, needing to buy a new car for her. She took off with her new Impala, and with plenty of time left in the day, I headed over to Lansing instead. As soon as I showed up, Kim was pulling into the parking lot at the Amtrak Depot in East Lansing. Got there about 4:30pm and left around 11pm. Took a while for the first train to show up, but then they just kept coming all day, trailing off around Amtrak time.
First train up, a trio of BNSF engines lead this westbound CN freight. Kim had shown up right as I pulled in, and stayed throughout the day.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

CP 5931 leads a Sooline engine on CP X747 westwards past Harrison Rd in Lansing. Caught us by surprise, wanted to get to the other side of the tracks, but oh well.
Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

CP 9652 and CP 8506 head west past the Amtrak Depot in East Lansing. Quite a hazy day, but had some sun on this shot.
Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Engines!! BNSF 4931, NS 6792, GTW 5939, CN 2545, CN 5694, and CP 5956 blast by the trowbridge area. Massive amounts of cottonwood got kicked up here, making my allergies happy....
Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

CN 394 snook by us while we were waiting for this eastbound CSX train. CEFX 1025 and CP 5753(with CP smokin some) head east past Harrison Rd.
Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

CN 5748 and CN 5270 lead CN 399 westbound. The engineer gave a friendly wave to Kim and I. Too bad the clouds were out, again..

Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

A late Amtrak 364 pulls into the East Lansing depot about 45 minutes late. Amtrak 35 leads cabbage Amtrak 90218.
Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

A late Amtrak 364 leaves the East Lansing depot about 45 minutes late. Amtrak 35 leads cabbage Amtrak 90218.
Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

A westbound CN train comes toward us on the last train of the night for me before heading back to Grand Rapids.
Webmaster

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

A westbound CN train glides away on the last train of the night for me before heading back to Grand Rapids.
Webmaster

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

Good pictures! 90218 is a newbie to the Blue Water. Up until now, the only cabbage on the train has been 90219. I was out for "Be A Tourist In Your Own Town" day yesterday, and one of the places we went to was in Haslett. I was in downtown Haslett, and I heard that same BNSF powered train you saw coming. I attempted to get a picture of it from the Park Lake Road overpass, but my camera didn't save the picture to the memory card. :x

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

Nice pics as always Zack. Keep them coming.
Scott B

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Gregg Pullano wrote:Good pictures! 90218 is a newbie to the Blue Water. Up until now, the only cabbage on the train has been 90219. I was out for "Be A Tourist In Your Own Town" day yesterday, and one of the places we went to was in Haslett. I was in downtown Haslett, and I heard that same BNSF powered train you saw coming. I attempted to get a picture of it from the Park Lake Road overpass, but my camera didn't save the picture to the memory card. :x
where exactly is the park lake road overpass? according to http://maps.google.com park lake road doesn't go over the tracks...but M-43 does... always like the pictures from overpasses, elevation = good!
Webmaster

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

I had the roads mixed up. It is auctually MARSH road. I thought it was Park Lake though. I live in the area, but I don't go over to the main part of Haslett very often, and I am not very familiar with the roads over there that much. Here is a picture of the bridge from the Haslett Road crossing.

Trains look cool going under the bridge as well (to me at least). The area around Haslett is full of great photo spots, and the crossings over that way still have Mechanical crossing bells (although some have been replaced by those new electronic ones YUCK! :x ).

M-43 is Grand River Road. You really can't get a good shot from the top of the bridge, but, you can get some great shots from under the bridge.