Detroit & Bay City Railroad.

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
Railnut
BANHAMMERED

Detroit & Bay City Railroad.

Unread post by Railnut »

--
Last edited by Railnut on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Detroit & Bay City Railroad.

Unread post by AARR »

HEY! I'm doing one for this line too 8). Mine is strictly operated with locals as there is no overhead traffic, yet :wink:

Gravel from Oxford and the ethanol plant in Caro are the largest shippers. Seasonal gravel goes to Cass City and Saginaw although in much smaller quanitites than in years gone by. Grain and sugar beet products are also a significant product. There's also some lumber and plastic shipped to a few locations. And cement is shipped into Oxford from Lafarge via interchange with CMGN in Saginaw.

We acquired the line from Packard Yard (22 Mile Rd in Utica) to M59 when Ford's sewing plant moved out. Handled some plastic into the plant before they closed everything. Hoping to get a business in there.

If business's keep closing we may have an opportunity to acquire the Sterling Secondary to North Yard but for now CR wants to keep the line.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Railnut
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by Railnut »

Don, I am still working on customers. Obviosly the gravel pits in Oxford, Consumers power and overhead from the D&M. I have elevators at Lapeer, Millington, Vassar, Richville, Reese(2), and Munger(on NYC). On the PO&N I have elevators at Oxford, Dryden, Imlay City, North Branch, Kingston, Cass City, and Pigeon. Outside of that..I haven't penciled in much else yet (or researched industries on the belt in Bay City).
Dave C

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

On the PO&N I have elevators at Oxford, Dryden, Imlay City, North Branch, Kingston, Cass City, and Pigeon.
Cass City has two, Owendale and Gagetown each have one, and Pigeon has a smaller elevator across from the huge one. North Branch, Cass City, and Linkville have fertilizer dealers. I figured the one in Linkville would be a good locaqtion for an ammonia plant when CPS closed theirs in Wadhams.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Railnut
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by Railnut »

Not to mention trying to have Evans in Gagetown as a shipper..dunno how many not prototype industries I could add to the route (thinking of smaller industries like the plastic plant in Ubly as an example)..some of the elevators didn't make the 1990's (such as Kingston..due to fire).
I have CPS still operating in Wadhams..(on the HESR's Port Huron sub)...maybe a second operation for CPS?

Dave C

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Not to mention trying to have Evans in Gagetown as a shipper
On my paper railroad Evans got into the rail car rebuild and repair business until it closed in the early 1990's.
I have CPS still operating in Wadhams..(on the HESR's Port Huron sub)...maybe a second operation for CPS?
Or a first for Terra :). They are a big fertilizer company without a big presence in MI.

Railnut
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by Railnut »

Uh, Don, Terra was EVERYWHERE in the thumb in the 1980's and 1990's. I think a larger CPS facility..more of a distribution center..I am thinking of either Columbiaville..or Cass City. Among other idnustries..I have Superfoods at Vassar and Grede Fountry..also in Vassar.
I am trying to fit one larger industry on the exMC that would need large amounts of cars..any ideas??
Dave C

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I am trying to fit one larger industry on the exMC that would need large amounts of cars..any ideas??
Sugar beet plant
Ethanol plant
Mega grain elevator
Fertilizer distributer
Or you could use a huge plastics plant taking advantage of low wages

Railnut
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by Railnut »

Hmm..not looking at annother beet plant (already too manyin the area)..unless I put it on the "south end" (around Lapeer).. Ethanol wasn't around in the 1970's/80's..
Just thought on one..Steel (or steal related) industry..hmmm
A grain terminal in Bay City (on the river)..and keeping Defoe Shipbuilding open..hmm..

Dave C