Quicky to Stryker Ohio 5-29-05

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Quicky to Stryker Ohio 5-29-05

Unread post by Scooterb »

Took a quick trip to Stryker Ohio this morning. Stryker is located in northwestern Ohio approx. MP 335 on the NS Chicago line. Freq. 160.800. You can park on the south side of the tracks in town across from the old depot now the police station. To the west is the Stryker Farmers exchange good for back drops in the morning. These are the two locations I used today. Further to the west about 1/4 mile is an empty parking lot you can park in on the north side of the tracks. A 1/4 mile west of this is a bridge over the Tiffin river, you can park in a park across the road and walk to the road bridge and get shots.
Now for today I leave home about 7:50 and arrive in Stryker at 8:45. First train is NS 35N at 8:45 its a westbound so I head to the river to get the shot set up and my battery light is flashing on the camera I get the pic but it turns out blurry.
9:05 it NS 16N.
9:27 NS 27V
10:03 NS 11M
10:08 NS 10R
Head 1/2 a block west to get the next two shots.
10:25 NS 23Z
10:28 NS 34N bad shot cut off plow on loco. I will try again on the next one.
10:37 NS 24M
That one is much better.
11:27 NS 21T
11:40 NS 921 Ballast train. NS 9836 primer no pic.
11:44 NS 20E
12:00 Eastbound mixed
Thats all for today again hope all enjoy.
Scooterb

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

great pics as usual scott...can't wait till we can all meet up and raifan again....out of michigan!

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

I agree. Good pictures, and another nice report!

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Patrick any idea when you will be down again? Let me know i will see if I can get those days off. So far I am off Thurs June 30 Fri July 1,2,3,4. Then July 14-15-16-17 and 22-23-24 off.
Scooterb

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Scooterb wrote:Patrick any idea when you will be down again? Let me know i will see if I can get those days off. So far I am off Thurs June 30 Fri July 1,2,3,4. Then July 14-15-16-17 and 22-23-24 off.
Scooterb
i have weekends off all summer. just sat and sun off though. that first bank of days, i'm busy on july 2nd.. but maybe we can organize like the 16/17 or 23/24 for a trip. i want to explore northern ohio and indiana more, and of course a trip or two to south bend is in order.if patrick can get his butt to lansing again, i can take him down with me. we'll have to plan something though.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

I should be ready to go to fostoria in a couple weeks.... maybe the second week in july....? depending on my pay peroids...

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Zack let me know any days that are good for you even in June I should be free most weekends. June 5th is bad but any other works. Would like to try South Bend sometime Maybe meet in Battle Creek or Kalamazoo and ride down. Patrick check to see if July 16th 17th works for you for Fostoria Toledo area. If not any other weekend should be good for me. If you can get to Jackson or Ann Arbor you can ride with me let me know.
Scooterb

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

I'm also considering going to Fostoria this summer. I'd have to get my father to take me, and it would have to be on a weekend. I have other plans for this summer, like a trip to St Louis and Chicago on Amtrak, and, of course, my vacation in Manistee, but I might be able to coax my father into taking me to Fostoria one weekend. I really enjoy traveling around the state, and I want to travel the country again like I did in 1995 and 1997, when I explored the east coast with my family. Patrick, and/or Zack: Did either of you keep count on how many trains you saw in Fostoria last year??

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

I beleve its posted someplace here. no real count though....

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Gregg look at trip reports down at the bottom 10-2-05 part one and two that is a pretty good rundown of what i saw the sat that Zack and Patrick went down. Same goes for you Gregg let me know what day you are going down. I would be glad to meet up with you and give you the tour of Fostoria. I am not an expert on Fostoria but I can get around town pretty good and have a good system for catching most of the trains. Also for some good action is the NS line across northern Ohio about 45 min. south of Jackson. Several nice towns to sit and watch trains.
Scooterb

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

Ok scott. I'll let you know and maybe between the two of us we can coax Zack to ohio.

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Scooterb wrote: Same goes for you Gregg let me know what day you are going down. I would be glad to meet up with you and give you the tour of Fostoria.
I think I will have have to find a way to coax my dad into taking me down there sometime this year. If he agrees to take me, I'll let you guys know when I'll be going. Remember, thats IF he says yes...