Fostoria And Toledo Ohio 5-22-05

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Fostoria And Toledo Ohio 5-22-05

Unread post by Scooterb »

First up is Q151 East of Temprance Michigan
We get a freindly wave.
Just North of Toledo NS 27V.
Same area NS 29V.
My Son and I head over to the NS Maume bridge and I Get this shot.
We have been waiting awhile to get this shot.
As we head by Walbridge yard we look for the Chessie painted loco but no luck. We follow the track down to Fostoria seeing nothing on the way down. As we arrive in Fostoria the NS sounds busy so we head east of town and get NS 286
NS 307
NS 10E
NS 218
We jump over to East Fostoria and miss Q164
We do get Q 159
Into town at Columbus street NS 217
H795

Over to Poplar street we see E494
Wait what is that second unit?
Two shots of WO79 at the C&O diamond
Jumping over to Pelton it is NS 16K
Up to the depot for NS 306
Over to the C&O for E441

Followed by K385
Back to Poplar street for Q383
Over to the C&O for Q296
NS 17K
Back to Poplar for Q381
Over to Columbus for Q290
That is H795 in the forground.
Q290 also had this painted HLCX loco.
H795 gets his move to the mixing center.
Q210
WO72 by F tower

And again North of town
Up to Jackson street For Q248
Back to Poplar street for Q383

K883 A sulfer train at the depot
And south of town
Over to East Fostoria for Q380
And Q 390
NS 883
We head back up to Walbridge and go up the West side of the yard.

Hear Kitty Kitty kitty we thought if we called the cat he would come out.
Now thats a good Kitty.
Back to Vickers its NS 921
By the Ann Arbor yard AA 7802 comes out to switch
The last train is E445
Hope all enjoy.
Thanks for taking the time to look.
Scooterb
Last edited by Scooterb on Thu May 26, 2005 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

darn now thats what I call a good day of train watching. I WILL go back to fostoria this summer.....

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Re: Fostoria And Toledo Ohio 5-22-05

Unread post by RailCanon »

[quote="Scooterb"]First up is Q151 in Temprance Michigan

CSX doesn't go through Temperance. The Ann Arbor does.

Good pictures though. I should go down there sometime. Best train watching spot I've been to thus far is Joliet, Illinois.

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

csxt runs their mainline just east on temperance. still considered i guess temperance. Checked it out on mapquest

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

have been missing your trip reports here scott...i rarely get to get out, but will be doing more soon, i hope. Thanks for the rundown..liked the Maume shot.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

I was on the Q290 from Detroit to Walbridge. Just call it the hospital train. The only good units were the leader, and the SD40, second out. The GP40-2, SD70M, and HLCX unit, were all on the way to Collingwood. The GP40-2 hit somthing on the CR, SD70M battries were dead, and HLCX unit on the previous day, had its conductors side window shot at and cracked. The lead UP unit was out of service in 2 days for its 92 day inspecton. We were 4 units to Plymouth, where we picked up the HLCX, then on to New Boston. Should have had 43 auto racks.

Matt

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Patrick wrote:csxt runs their mainline just east on temperance. still considered i guess temperance. Checked it out on mapquest
EXACTLY! I said they did not run THROUGH Temperance. It is pretty close. Just looked at My Michigan Atlas and Gazetteer.

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

If you knew they were close to temperance......then ya shoulda kept your mouth shut and said that in the first place. We know what scooter means. Thats pleanty enough. Within 5 or 10 miles is close enough for me to say something runs through someplace. Honestly I could care less... I just want to see the great pics a coming so I can continue to drool about trains in a "far off" land. :-)

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Okay I edited it to say East of Temprance.
Thanks all for looking. I still get out i just havent been doing the trip reports. If you want to see my pics of the other trips they are posted on RR picture archives http://gp30.rrpicturearchives.net/
Scooter b

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Scooterb wrote:Okay I edited it to say East of Temprance.
Thanks all for looking. I still get out i just havent been doing the trip reports. If you want to see my pics of the other trips they are posted on RR picture archives http://gp30.rrpicturearchives.net/
Scooter b
i see that as well scooter...i think how it was before is just fine, but well, now GP40 is pleased. i occassionally browse through rrpicturearchives.net, with me having my site at http://railroadfan.rrpicturearchives.net/
Webmaster

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Question about rrpicturearchives

I signed up with rrpicturearchives a while ago, but I have not uploaded any pictures. I'm thinking of uploading pictures, but I'm a little skeptical due to all the crap railpictures.net has given me. Does rrpicturearchives have photo guidelines like railpictures does?? Or do they let any train photo in??

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

rrpicturearchives Accepts all pictures sent to them. rrnet just seems to accept pretty much the same angled shots over and over again. but its there site they can do what they want. rrpicturearchives also takes photos of hobby train layouts too. Look forward to seeing you pics Gregg.
Scooterb.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Scooterb wrote:rrpicturearchives Accepts all pictures sent to them. rrnet just seems to accept pretty much the same angled shots over and over again. but its there site they can do what they want. rrpicturearchives also takes photos of hobby train layouts too. Look forward to seeing you pics Gregg.
Scooterb.
i do enjoy rrpicturearchives as well, usually just sending in my better photos from this site. their site doesn't always load the quickest, but at least there aren't the annoying banner ads like railpictures.net
I'm surprised at what they reject on railpictures that rrpicturearchives then puts as an editors choice..i've had that happen plenty of times. It is good publicity though, since so many people visit railpictures.net.
Webmaster

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

I also noticed that rrpicturearchives has about 2X the amount of photos as railpictures has. Last month it was at 112,000, now it is something like 125,000!!! :!: :!: The people who run the site also have some funny photo album names for their shots, like "Discount Tire Rocks!" and "Hunting down hobby shops that sell digitrax antennas." :lol: