Stoney Point

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Stoney Point

Unread post by SousaKerry »

I was out tracking down old Right-of-ways in Jackson county the other day with a buddy of mine(not a rail fan he was looking for snowmobile trails) anyways we came across an area known as Stoney Point on the southern border of Jackson County. He claimed that it was a ghoast town and that an oil company now owns it all roads into the area are blocked. I tried to do some web reasearch on it but came up blank. It is listed on some older system maps as a station name and not on others. But that was the only info I came up with, does anybody here know anything about it? Was it actually a station stop? Was it just a passing siding? Or did it serve some other railroad purpose? Any info would be much appreciated thanks

Sousa

p.s. Anyone know when the line from Rives Junction to Eaton Rapids was ripped up?

leo28150
Deactivated

Unread post by leo28150 »

Sousa, Stoney Point was a station on the Ft. Wayne and Jackson line that ran thru there; I've seen a photo of the station, nothing more than a shack, a precursor to today's Amshack. There's a guy by the name of Victor Baird who is writing a book on the Ft&J that should be out soon (he claims), his book should have some photos of stuff from the area. I'm guessing there was some traffic for the natural gas wells that are located at Stoney Point.