Classic Images

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
flafiretwo
Railroadfan...fan

Classic Images

Unread post by flafiretwo »

Sorry, I really can't provide more information on the location of the GTW units in my avatar. Had to be in walking distance of Trowbridge.

Read the directions on why organization requires gallery albums so........

Just Uploaded 2 Images of NYC Geeps 5810 and 5820.

These scans were from slides taken before switching to 35mm. These , and all future vintage/classic images, will be found in the 'flafiretwo' albums section.

Thanks for your comments.
Larry
MSU Student 1964-1967 , My Dorm was Wonders Hall, C & O Operators at Trowbridge were still hooping the Train Orders..first to engineer and then to the Conductor on the rear !!!!

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Thanks, Larry! The NYC shot with the Motor Wheel water tower in the background is great. Not since my childhood have I seen those rails! More! More! MORE! :lol: :D

flafiretwo
Railroadfan...fan

NYC Lansing Turntable and small Roundhouse

Unread post by flafiretwo »

J T,

Recent upload: NYC Turntable.......Any thoughts on how far from Grand River this was located ??

Thanks, Larry
MSU Student 1964-1967 , My Dorm was Wonders Hall, C & O Operators at Trowbridge were still hooping the Train Orders..first to engineer and then to the Conductor on the rear !!!!

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

This is a research project for Gregg!

Maybe Hogger1225 knows?

Dan Cluley
Railroadfan...fan

Lansing Photos

Unread post by Dan Cluley »

Very cool pictures. :)

The NYC Lansing roundhouse was just south of Gier Street, just West of High Street.

If you look on a map, High street runs on a bit of an angle which matched the RR alignment. 7th st runs straight North-South and the NYC facilities were in the wedge shaped land inbetween those streets.

The roundhouse shot is looking pretty much straight north, with the old coaling tower somewhere behind the photographer. You can see it in the distance of the motor wheel shot.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Thanks for the info, Dan. I crossed those old tracks many times in my life at Gier before they made the connector for Lake Lansing Rd. I was too young to ever get to see (or recall) the roundhouse, though.

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

Neat shot. Reminds me of the AA roundhouse in Elberta.