Question Reguarding About the GTW Air-Line

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Question Reguarding About the GTW Air-Line

Unread post by Racer »

The other evening I went railfanning with Mike Tabone (as usual) and as we know the old Michigan Air Line used to run out there and some of it is still in business, but when the line was being used in the late 70's to 1985, did the line use power of GTW GP38-2s (The red/ blue ones we all know and love)? -Chris

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

While torpedo top GP9's were the norm I'm sure the GP38-2's were used on occasion. Someone posted a picture of a GTW GP38 on the Cass City sub so I'd guess the GP38-2s were used on the Jackson and Romeo subs too.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Railnut
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by Railnut »

I am sure the northern end of the Jackson sun (Pontiac-Lakeland) MAY have seen GP38-2's, but is not to likely, but not out of the question. GP9's and the switchers were probobly the power on the line for the most part.
Dave C