Where is this exactly

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Where is this exactly

Unread post by RailCanon »

This picture was labled as "GTW 4-8-4 East Lansing, Michigan." My question is: Where exactly in East Lansing is this? Anyone have a clue??

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

This looks to be the very eastern end of east lansing or maybe the area where MSU is now.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Wasn't there a discussion on the (Michigan Railroads) history board a year or so ago about that picture? It seems to me that someone had posted it, then realized it was posted backwards (scanned a slide backwards or something). For some reason I was thinking there was a 'Grand' in the name of the city or location it was taken in. Could it have been Grand Ledge? Sorry, I also tend to get some of the smaller cities around Flint and Lansing confused from time to time, it could well have been somewhere else.

patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by patrick »

Gregg, i think your best bet is to post that pic on the histyarical site and see if someone knows better than us because i'm afraid we're not much help when it comes to the older stuff.

Scooterb
Sofa King Grumpy

Unread post by Scooterb »

There it is. Thats a pic I posted in the trip report from the past. I looked for this the other day and couldnt find it. anyway I dont know where it is. except it was labeled east Lansing