Dundee Cement Covered Hoppers

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Dundee Cement Covered Hoppers

Unread post by AARR »

From MichiganRailroads.com
Posted by Cwayne on 4/24/2020, 3:27 pm
IF MY MEMORY SERVES ME RIGHT, I RECALL SEEING A PHOTO OF A DUNDEE CEMENT LETTERED PS2 STYLE COVERED HOPPER. I CANT RECALL IF IT WAS JUST A MODEL OR WAS THERE REALLY A PROTOTYPE CAR. IF SO COULD SOMEONE SHARE A PHOTO? THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Yes, there is a prototype for the Dundee Cement car. As Fritz Milhaupt pointed out they are out there.
Posted by Ren Farley on 4/24/2020, 8:10 pm, in reply to "Dundee Cement Covered Hoppers?"
Hasn't the Dundee cement production facility been
dormant for almost 20 years?
Production ended around 2009 but it may be used as a distribution center for it's current occupant, Buzzi Unicem, and receive inbound cement.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Henry F. Burger
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Dundee Cement Covered Hoppers

Unread post by Henry F. Burger »

I have in my a picture of UTLX 80209 1972 era by David Woodruff in Dundee Cement paint, they also had 70 ton cars with Dundee Cement similiar to Ann Arbor RR cars.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

HI Henry, I haven't been able to find a picture of the UTLX Dundee Cement cars. Would you happen to have a picture you can post?
Henry F. Burger wrote:I have in my a picture of UTLX 80209 1972 era by David Woodruff in Dundee Cement paint, they also had 70 ton cars with Dundee Cement similiar to Ann Arbor RR cars.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

iandt
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by iandt »

The attached photo (in slide format) is for sale on ebay at the moment, available here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/373036818140. Interesting that it's not a UTLX car, but CRDX, as was the Northern Michigan Railroad Club's 2018 car.
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg