Michigan Railroad Map - Explained

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Michigan Railroad Map - Explained

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Want to watch a guy that has done a little bit of research try to talk about Michigan railroad history? I watched his take on a Muskegon map one day and looks like he's trying to review a lot of maps from various states: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7ai1eSObCI
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Re: Michigan Railroad Map - Explained

Unread post by SousaKerry »

Wow, dude needs to do more then read a couple of Wikipedia articles before trying to sound like he knows something. Maybe write a script first..
What smells like lube oil and diesel.... Oh wait it's just my "Locomotive Breath"

Schteinkuh
Railcam Terrorizer

Unread post by Schteinkuh »

I couldn't watch more than 5 minutes without going past maximum cringe levels.
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.

PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PatAzo »

If you want to get started on railroad history in Michigan spring for Willis Dunbar's "All Aboard".

https://www.amazon.com/All-aboard-histo ... iam+dunbar

Ben Higdon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Ben Higdon »

Hilarious! A few wikipedia article stats and the rest is just winging it.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Why do we need to see his ugly face talking in the corner of the video?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Ben Higdon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Ben Higdon »

J T wrote:Why do we need to see his ugly face talking in the corner of the video?
Emphasizes his depth of knowledge seeing him neurotically scan his wikipedia notes for something to say besides just reading off the map.

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

I have a copy of the 1876 Railroad Map that he shows and references. It's totally fascinating and extensively detailed. Framed and hanging up in our dining room actually!

The best part is around 11:30 where he explains how southern Michigan horizontally is closer to Chicago. Scratch that. Start at 14:30 when he tries to figure out St. Joseph being on (or not) the MCRR.

But hey, he sounds interested in the map and its stories. If he helps one other person get interested (maybe to do a bit more fact finding on their own), then I guess it's a win. But seriously, if the Northern line connected St. Clair to Grand Haven, then maybe it's not the line that goes from Saginaw to Ludington, yeah?

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Doktor No »

OMFG! Someone find him and put him to sleep! the man has NO CLUE....except how to babble on and on and on and it only makes him look more STUPID! Me thinks he has had friends post accolades that are as clueless as he is....no research, no ability to put together a presentation and no speaking ability what so ever...JUST STOP!!!!!!!!!!!
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Ben Higdon wrote:
J T wrote:Why do we need to see his ugly face talking in the corner of the video?
Emphasizes his depth of knowledge seeing him neurotically scan his wikipedia notes for something to say besides just reading off the map.
:lol:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

kd_1014
Mike

Unread post by kd_1014 »

I love how he thinks he won't have any backlash on this but doesn't know railfans exist...lol