GTW trains on the DT&I

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

GTW trains on the DT&I

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

I was curious how many trains a day ran across the old DT&I on the Flat Rock Sub south of Flat Rock, and what those trains were (identity, origin/destination), in the early 80's when the GTW first took over? Not necessarily locals, just ordinary freights.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: GTW trains on the DT&I

Unread post by AARR »

Here are a few I know of but there are probably some I am forgetting

There was a pair of trains between Flat Rock and Cincinnati (one to L&N and the other to SOU or their successors).

Flat Rock to Toledo trains (CR) (I think the Pittsburg train was discontinued by the time GTW acquired DT&I)

Flat Rock to Delta (N&W)

Flat Rock to Springfield (I think interchange at Glen Jean and Gregg's had stopped by the time GTW acquired DT&I)

Springfield to Jackson (connection with Jackson to Ironton Local)

I think the intermodal train between Flat Rock and Cincinnati did not start up until late 1980's.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...