Lowell Street Trackage???

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Re: Lowell Street Trackage???

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

DNR has the money earmarked. G&W is ready to sign on the dotted line. AG wouldn't let the deal close concerned about a liability clause which this bill fixes.

Thanks to your comments on the limestone surface from Saranac to Owosso I'm zeroing in on what the issue is on the softness. :)

The house isn't coming down, the trail fortunately can go in the road ROW at that location.

aghudley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by aghudley »

Raildudes dad wrote:Legislation to allow the DNR to purchase Lowell to Elmdale and the piece from Grand River Dr to Montcalm Ave passed the Senate today. Off to the Guv for signature.
Are there plans for taking this trail anywhere from Elmdale?
Any idea when the trail from Greenville to Lowell will be improved? The Flat River Valley Trail website is no help.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

I laid out some options for Kent County Parks to get from Elmdale to Caledonia area trails.

I'm also working the Flat River Valley Rail Trail to finish Greenville to Lowell and Montcalm Ave to Saranac. MDOT has committed $1.5 million, Meijers $340,000 and "we" just turned in application to the DNR for $580,000 from the Trust Fund. Hopefully 2018 construction.

The website for the CIS and the Flat River Valley leave a lot to be desired.

Mark F
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Mark F »

The River Valley Rail-Trails web site is in the process of being updated. Check out the progress at http://www.fmrvrt.org. The CIS Trail has their own web site: http://www.cistrail.org