New books arrived

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
MIGN-Todd
Railroadfan...fan

New books arrived

Unread post by MIGN-Todd »

Amazon kicked butt as always and three new books I ordered showed up early. I picked up three of the "Rainfan Chronicles" series - Two on the Ann Arbor and one of the Detroit and Mackinac. The books are not overly large but there is quite a bit of photos throughout- most I have never seen. With the smaller size of the books there was not as much text as I would have liked but all three books are fantastic. The author was lucky to be able to capture all these moments and adds in as much detail as he possibly could. I mostly enjoyed the photos in and around their Ottawa yard and a couple I especially I have been wanting to see---- Two GP35's and an RS2 on a freight together and, an Alco S2 switching at the east end of boat landing. The books are about $25 a piece and, to me, they are well worth it. No, you can't borrow them...... :D
U.S.Army Retired- under new management (see wife)

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Re: New books arrived

Unread post by SousaKerry »

Are there any pictures of the 44 tonner D&M 10?
What smells like lube oil and diesel.... Oh wait it's just my "Locomotive Breath"

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

How is the photo reproduction? Is it glossy paper for color photos? That's often an issue with small-run publications.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

railohio wrote:How is the photo reproduction? Is it glossy paper for color photos? That's often an issue with small-run publications.
They are not very high quality books, I'll leave it at that.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Doktor No »

SD80MAC wrote:
railohio wrote:How is the photo reproduction? Is it glossy paper for color photos? That's often an issue with small-run publications.
They are not very high quality books, I'll leave it at that.
Dammed by faint praise anyone?
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

MIGN-Todd
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MIGN-Todd »

They are nothing you want to cut out and hang on the wall. They are pretty informative though and have a lot of pictures that I would say are pretty rare. Most I have never seen. They're 25 bucks though and, IMHO worth the money. Look them up on Amazon- they have a look inside feature where you can read a couple of pages..... decide for yourself
U.S.Army Retired- under new management (see wife)