New Hudson wye

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
Ben Higdon
Railroadfan...fan

New Hudson wye

Unread post by Ben Higdon »

I did a little investigation a while back of the mystery wye that was located in New Hudson

Here is where the north leg of the wye crossed the creek. The mucky water of the creek is in the bottom right. The ROW was actually fairly wide, looks like it may have held a dirt road alongside the tracks. Saw just one old tie on the ground.

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Re: New Hudson wye

Unread post by CSX_CO »

Was it on a grade or anything? Looks like wyes that were out in to turn helpers in steam days. There was one outside Bainbridge, IN that was used to turn helpers coming into town on the NB grade. Footprint still visible on google earth.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks for posting, Ben. I may have to look around next time I'm in New Hudson 8) . I like fossil hunting :D .
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

From 1949

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

Wow I've been slacking, I grew up a mile south of here at 12 and Milford and never noticed the wye there. I almost wonder if that was there from back in the day when the gravel pits north of New Hudson were getting rail service. I know during he diesel days they turn usually went to South Lyon and back to Pontiac, so a Wye in New Hudson wouldn't really be needed.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Reminds me of the Cadillac Wye.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)