AARR Owosso office bldg. 1956 photos

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
Steve B
Railroadfan...fan

AARR Owosso office bldg. 1956 photos

Unread post by Steve B »

This is the building on Aiken Rd. when it was new. It replaced offices located in the old passenger depot on Washington. After Michigan Interstate moved out I believe it became some type of secondhand shop, then an abandoned mess until demolished at least 6 years ago. It's too bad it wasn't built adjacent to the shops; it would probably still be in use. I imagine AA built it there because the office workers would appreciate the relatively quiet surroundings, also maybe because Caledonia Twp. taxes were lower.
Attachments
AA offices 3.jpg
AA offices 2.jpg
AA offices.jpg

jrgerber
Railroadfan...fan

Re: AARR Owosso office bldg. 1956 photos

Unread post by jrgerber »

Thanks Steve for sharing some of the photos from your Ann Arbor treasure trove!

Steve B
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Steve B »

You're welcome, J! I scanned these negatives on an Epson V550. Just a "consumer" scanner, but the images are still incredibly better than the small original prints. Displayed on an HDTV they're unbelievable. Unfortunately, a lot of my AA and other family negs got casually thrown out ages ago. To everybody: don't throw away your negatives! With affordable scanners and digital storage & display, they're more useful and valuable than ever.

Also, Henry Burger pointed out on the other board that a key reason the office building was built here was to escape flooding.

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

Image[/url]