Harbor Beach 1995 photo

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
Steve B
Railroadfan...fan

Harbor Beach 1995 photo

Unread post by Steve B »

Probably taken in August. The extension of Water St. will soon wipe out the track remnant here. Note the C&O no trespassing sign. Unfortunately it's the only photo I have; I was 15 at the time and the camera was my parents'. At least I still have the negative, which makes a much more detailed scan than the print. I could swear I saw a couple of covered hoppers at an industry in town at this time. Abandonment authority was granted earlier that year; maybe HESR waited until after harvest time to exercise the permission?
Attachments
Harbor Beach 1995.jpg

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Re: Harbor Beach 1995 photo

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

Don't know anything about this line or its abandonment timeline, but it's cool you caught one of those C&O iron signs with the text still legible. I know of a few scattered alongside lines in West Michigan but they're all rusted to the point you might only be able to make out a few letter if you're lucky. 1995 doesn't seem like that long ago....but it was! Great capture of a moment in history!