Question about the Holly Sub in Holly in the 70's

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Question about the Holly Sub in Holly in the 70's

Unread post by MQT1223 »

So recently I acquired a small medicine cabinet from my grandmother that came off of a passenger car in the late 1970's. She didn't think much of it at the time to really preserve any memory of the car, but there was a small antique store that used to stand across from the Holly Hotel that apparently bought the cars and had them stored on the former PM interchange track. They sold anything that could be removed out of the cars and most likely scrapped the cars afterwards.

This is just off of my grandma's memory's as this was over 30 years ago, but does anyone have any recollection or photos of any passenger cars being stored in Holly for a brief time in the late 1970's by the depot on the GT? She bought the cabinet just after she moved into a house at the corner of College and Sherman St's. in 1979 and the cars didn't last long. The antique store shut down about 5 years ago and the building was torn down, which was a former freight house.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)