Michigan Northern remains

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
J T
Hates Supper

Re: Michigan Northern remains

Unread post by J T »

MQT1223 wrote: Wrong use of the WORD Ludacris. It capitalizes the word because it associates the rapper, but I get the point.
It capitalizes it because that's the ONLY use of the word "Ludacris."

Spell-check can be ludicrous sometimes. :lol:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

J T wrote:
MQT1223 wrote: Wrong use of the WORD Ludacris. It capitalizes the word because it associates the rapper, but I get the point.

Never challenge Grammar Nazi...he is always right (almost always) :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

At a location that shall remain a secret....there is at least a hood section of an old michigan northern alco with some old signals and semaphores in somebodies backyard. I posted a few pictures of the stuff on facebook.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

MP73point4
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MP73point4 »

Blueprint of the proposed Mackinac Bridge causeway including rail from 1933. I think somebody else posted a link to this a while back, but I'm not sure who or when or where (In a whisper, "I think it was the other board"). I'm not trying to steal their thunder. Anyway, here it is again.
http://seekingmichigan.contentdm.oclc.o ... ll3/id/221
RR Pass Collector

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

AARR wrote:
J T wrote:

Never challenge Grammar Nazi...he is always right (almost always) :lol:
So I'm not a Spelling Bee Champion. big deal.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

CAT345C wrote:At a location that shall remain a secret....there is at least a hood section of an old michigan northern alco with some old signals and semaphores in somebodies backyard. I posted a few pictures of the stuff on facebook.
Any whole engines besides the E(B) unit that was mentioned?
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

Why don't you read what you quoted from me......that will give you the answer you seek.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

CAT345C wrote:Why don't you read what you quoted from me......that will give you the answer you seek.
So I take it no whole engines minus the Baldwin Sharks and E unit survive?

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

AARR wrote: Never challenge Grammar Nazi...he is always right (almost always) :lol:
And when I'm not, I expect to be corrected, so don't hesitate. :D
MQT1223 wrote: So I'm not a Spelling Bee Champion. big deal.
You sure do know a lot about trains though.
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

J T wrote:
AARR wrote: Never challenge Grammar Nazi...he is always right (almost always) :lol:
And when I'm not, I expect to be corrected, so don't hesitate. :D
MQT1223 wrote: So I'm not a Spelling Bee Champion. big deal.
You sure do know a lot about trains though.
:lol: Thanks for the compliment. I try to learn as much as I can so one day I can hopefully pass down what others teach me. At least someone notices something I'm good at. You'd be amazed by how many of the older guys in this hobby are shocked at how much I know at 18 years old.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MQT1223 wrote:You'd be amazed by how many of the older guys in this hobby are shocked at how much I know at 18 years old.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

J T wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:You'd be amazed by how many of the older guys in this hobby are shocked at how much I know at 18 years old.
Ok that is the creepiest thing I have ever seen on this site... :shock:

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

When were the tracks removed between Comstock Park and Cadillac? Any before and after pics? I'm guessing almost 10 years passed before anything was done to remove the tracks. Some of those towns probably got sick of looking at rusty, overgrown rails.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

MQT1223 wrote:When were the tracks removed between Comstock Park and Cadillac? Any before and after pics? I'm guessing almost 10 years passed before anything was done to remove the tracks. Some of those towns probably got sick of looking at rusty, overgrown rails.
IIRC it was the early 1990's
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MQT1223 wrote:
Ok that is the creepiest thing I have ever seen on this site... :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

MQT1223 wrote:When were the tracks removed between Comstock Park and Cadillac? Any before and after pics? I'm guessing almost 10 years passed before anything was done to remove the tracks. Some of those towns probably got sick of looking at rusty, overgrown rails.
Bids taken by MDOT on Sept 12, 1990. Typically the work starts in 30-60 days

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Raildudes dad wrote:
Bids taken by MDOT on Sept 12, 1990. Typically the work starts in 30-60 days
Did the MIGN leave them in pretty bad shape or were they pretty deteriorated by then?

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Someone posted a shot of the yogurt plant's expansion on the History board on the other site several years ago. IIRC, the expansion was semi-complete before the abandonment was actually approved...? I don't remember who posted the photo though.
~ Charles W.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

GreatLakesRailfan wrote:Someone posted a shot of the yogurt plant's expansion on the History board on the other site several years ago. IIRC, the expansion was semi-complete before the abandonment was actually approved...? I don't remember who posted the photo though.
I'm assuming this Yogurt Plant is gone.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

MQT1223 wrote:
GreatLakesRailfan wrote:Someone posted a shot of the yogurt plant's expansion on the History board on the other site several years ago. IIRC, the expansion was semi-complete before the abandonment was actually approved...? I don't remember who posted the photo though.
I'm assuming this Yogurt Plant is gone.
Fail - its still there, a big Yoplait plant