Chessie/CSX Mainline Steam (Past)

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Re: Chessie/CSX Mainline Steam (Past)

Unread post by MQT1223 »

CSX_CO wrote:So what is it you want confirmation of then?
If NS was shelving steam for 2015 due to a rise in traffic and not enough crews. So far nothing has been said on NS's 2015 steam schedule. 4501 is suppose to be picking up most of the mainline trips from 630 and everyone has all their eyes on 611 as we await her return in the next few months. I can understand if nothing has officially been said yet, but I didn't know if someone had insider access. I don't want to focus on NS though I was wanting to see images from the early days of CSX when steam was allowed. Because it was brought up I asked, and then you asked if I can comprehend what I am reading and believe me I can comprehend just fine. Jokes are one thing, statements are another.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MQT1223 wrote:I (know) things about SRI that I am sure no body else on this board knows ...
Like what?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

J T wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:I (know) things about SRI that I am sure no body else on this board knows ...
Like what?
But unfortunately I have promised my source to keep my mouth shut unless you PM me.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

MQT1223 wrote:But unfortunately I have promised my source to keep my mouth shut unless you PM me.
Quoting for the LOLZ and to prevent backpedaling.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

MQT1223 wrote: Because it was brought up I asked, and then you asked if I can comprehend what I am reading and believe me I can comprehend just fine. Jokes are one thing, statements are another.
Uh huh...
TrainWatcher wrote:NS shelved steam for this summer? That's going to be news to a lot of these groups, FWRHS, TVRM and VMT/611.
Care to re-read that statement, and continue with your train of thought?

Practice Safe CSX

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

CSX_CO wrote:
MQT1223 wrote: Because it was brought up I asked, and then you asked if I can comprehend what I am reading and believe me I can comprehend just fine. Jokes are one thing, statements are another.
Uh huh...

Your point?
TrainWatcher wrote:NS shelved steam for this summer? That's going to be news to a lot of these groups, FWRHS, TVRM and VMT/611.
Care to re-read that statement, and continue with your train of thought?

Practice Safe CSX
Nahh. I missed that train. I'm waiting for the next one.

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

Kid sometimes you just need to shut up... Like most of the time.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MQT1223 wrote:
J T wrote:
Like what?
But unfortunately I have promised my source to keep my mouth shut unless you PM me.
So you're privy to SRI information that can't be broadcast here for everyone to see? And what makes you think I'll keep it a secret if you tell me privately? :lol:
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

J T wrote:
MQT1223 wrote: But unfortunately I have promised my source to keep my mouth shut unless you PM me.
So you're privy to SRI information that can't be broadcast here for everyone to see? And what makes you think I'll keep it a secret if you tell me privately? :lol:
He has ways... :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

GLC 392 wrote:Kid sometimes you just need to shut up... Like most of the time.
That's a rude comment. Might need to have the admin take a look at this one... Just had to jump in when you had no involvement what so ever. I haven't been rude to anyone on this thread or any other ones for that matter.
Last edited by MQT1223 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

59caddy wrote:
J T wrote:
MQT1223 wrote: But unfortunately I have promised my source to keep my mouth shut unless you PM me.
He has ways... :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
I won't tell just anyone that asks. Depends on the trust level. And besides its not like 1225 is huge news at the moment. So what if I have a little info you might not. For all I know, it might not even happen anyway.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Can we all just jump back to the original question of the thread please? All of this is pointless cause no matter how many times you guys give me a hard time I will stand my ground, just giving you the heads up now if you haven't figured it out.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MQT1223 wrote:Can we all just jump back to the original question of the thread please?
I believe it's already been answered, hence how this has strayed off topic.

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

I'm hungry for some noob cake.

Mmm...noob cake...

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

CSX_CO wrote:I'm hungry for some noob cake.

Mmm...noob cake...
Good to see you are enjoying yourself CSX_CO. Just don't choke... :wink: :lol:
J T wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:Can we all just jump back to the original question of the thread please?
I believe it's already been answered, hence how this has strayed off topic.
Yeah I guess so. Good point. Too bad no one posted any pictures of CSX steam in West Michigan. I was really hoping for that. Oh well.

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

There is a distinct divide between photos created in the digital era and those created before it. I see a 1993 date thrown about for a western Michigan steam excursion. Do you network with local railfans and attend slide shows? Are you a member of any local history organizations? Some networking offline may be required to track down photos of a certain vintage.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

First rule of knowing secret stuff...don't publicly tout that you know secrets but will tell people you trust.. Most of us have forgotten more secrets than the amount of trains you've seen.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

I don't care if I am rude you are annoying, and need to learn to read and think before you just go assuming like you do or think you know it all. If I had a penny for all the 1225 rumors that I heard when I was there from volunteers or foamers that didn't happen I would be a freaking millionaire. Same with my current place, railroads run on rumors. Other then going up and down the GLC 1225 isn't going anywhere for a while as much as I want her on the high iron I doubt it'll happen. So please keep going on about this stupid rumor secret whatever you want to call it.

Someone pass me the popcorn now please.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Max, if you want to see steam in west Michigan, pick up these two books:

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Or check out mygirl22ward on YouTube. He has at least one video of the 1225 at Fox. More if you search for it.

Hopefully I don't have to get out the "Let me Google that for you" links... :P
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow