Chessie/CSX Mainline Steam (Past)

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Re: Chessie/CSX Mainline Steam (Past)

Unread post by MQT1223 »

railohio wrote:There is a distinct divide between photos created in the digital era and those created before it. I see a 1993 date thrown about for a western Michigan steam excursion. Do you network with local railfans and attend slide shows? Are you a member of any local history organizations? Some networking offline may be required to track down photos of a certain vintage.
People digitize the old stuff all the time now.
GLC 392 wrote:I don't care if I am rude you are annoying, and need to learn to read and think before you just go assuming like you do or think you know it all. If I had a penny for all the 1225 rumors that I heard when I was there from volunteers or foamers that didn't happen I would be a freaking millionaire. Same with my current place, railroads run on rumors. Other then going up and down the GLC 1225 isn't going anywhere for a while as much as I want her on the high iron I doubt it'll happen. So please keep going on about this stupid rumor secret whatever you want to call it.

Someone pass me the popcorn now please.
I hate rumors and I don't spread them. If you think I am annoying then you and me don't think very differently about each other. I only say things with legitimacy. I only am respecting the organization by keeping quiet and telling people that I know will do the same. I don't know it all or think that. Much to learn we BOTH have. Have fun eating popcorn kernels.
Last edited by MQT1223 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

CAT345C wrote:First rule of knowing secret stuff...don't publicly tout that you know secrets but will tell people you trust.. Most of us have forgotten more secrets than the amount of trains you've seen.
Its not much of a secret if you know the right people. Believe me I can relate on the forgetful stuff. My memory is terrible.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

J T wrote:Max, if you want to see steam in west Michigan, pick up these two books:
I will keep my eye out for them.
MQT3001 wrote:Or check out mygirl22ward on YouTube. He has at least one video of the 1225 at Fox. More if you search for it.

Hopefully I don't have to get out the "Let me Google that for you" links... :P
Seen it... been there... done that... :mrgreen:

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Kid, you do realize all your doing is pissing off the last few good posters we have on this website with your stupid crap. 1225 isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. We all know this.

Russ, according to what you said though that is very interesting NS chooses to do this. With all the effort on 611 and 4501 especially, you would think they would want to get their money back as soon as possible and as fast as possible. FWRHS has already released a few things about their summer plans, but nothing specific. Jim Wrinn has even said it might be a frustrating year depending on how well freight levels work. The only steam I plan shooting this year are the break-in runs of 611 in Spencer.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

TrainWatcher wrote:Kid, you do realize all your doing is pissing off the last few good posters we have on this website with your stupid crap. 1225 isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. We all know this.

Russ, according to what you said though that is very interesting NS chooses to do this. With all the effort on 611 and 4501 especially, you would think they would want to get their money back as soon as possible and as fast as possible. FWRHS has already released a few things about their summer plans, but nothing specific. Jim Wrinn has even said it might be a frustrating year depending on how well freight levels work. The only steam I plan shooting this year are the break-in runs of 611 in Spencer.
I really don't care if I pissed them off. I asked a question about a comment on this forum and this is the reception I was given. I am not afraid to fight back. I have heard the same thing about NS steam this year in regards to it being a frustrating year due to increased traffic levels and not enough crews. Totally understandable. Really looking forward to more 611 and 4501 this year though I agree. :mrgreen:

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

You catch more bears with honey than vinegar. Given the sheer volume of stuff you post on any given day, you piss off the people on here, you're not going to get responses at all.

Practice Safe CSX

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

CSX_CO wrote:You catch more bears with honey than vinegar. Given the sheer volume of stuff you post on any given day, you piss off the people on here, you're not going to get responses at all.

Practice Safe CSX
Not like im trying to piss people off. They piss me off first.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Or get himself BANHAMMERED.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Per MQT1223's request, locking this down. Per many other requests, added MQT1223 to the noobcakes group.

This thread sucks; locking, thank you, drive thru.

Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com