Railroad Manuals

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
pbmaxno15
Railroadfan...fan

Railroad Manuals

Unread post by pbmaxno15 »

A friend of mine was cleaning out an office and found some railroad manuals. He had no interest in them and knowing that I have an interest in railroads, he passed them on to me. The first is an Electro-Motive Division Engine Maintenance Manual No. 252C for Model 567C engines, 1st edition March, 1954. The manual has the name F.A. Rees and some handwritten notes on several pages. The next is an Electro-Motive Division SW1500 Operator's Manual, February 1973. There is also a manual that explains EMD's unit exchange program. The manual lists all of the parts that can be replaced with remanufactured EMD parts, the locomotives using those parts, and the service locations that can handle the various parts. There are no dates on this manual, buts lists E and F models, SW1, BL1's up through SD and GP 50 units. Finally, there is an Operator's Manual for Vapor Steam Genreators from April 1979. Although they are quite interesting, I have no use for the manuals. Is there a museum or historical society that might be interested in them? I would also let interested individuals have them.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Re: Railroad Manuals

Unread post by SD80MAC »

PM sent.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/