semaphores

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
erie2882
Railroadfan...fan

Re: semaphores

Unread post by erie2882 »

look in youtube under " wrakca " to see some

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

erie2882 wrote:hey all just wondering whats the dif in the 2a semaphore cases, why that two of mine have the adjustments on the case on the outside and two have none? how would you adjust the blade just by timing that little adjustment?
Dude, just sharing something I have learned in the past month or so. When it comes to this site, you gotta have legitimate information to talk about on here. When someone who knows semaphores inside and out doesn't have a clue what your talking about you obviously are missing some key info. If someone gives you some info/advice, take it. Don't give the experts crap. I have learned that the hard way and I am fortunate to still be on this site.
erie2882 wrote:
CSX_CO wrote:
erie2882 wrote:does any body know about type 2a semaphores i have six but need to find out about one that has no paper work on them?
Huh?

Practice Safe CSX
YOUR TO DUMB TO KNOW ANY THING ABOUT THEM ANT YA!!
Yeah that's it. I've actually restored 3 of them to fully operating condition. I don't get what it is you're asking. You say you have six, but have one with no paper work? WHAT ARE YOU AXING OF US?!?!?

Practice Safe CSX[/quote]

How hard is it to restore one of these things to operating condition? I know that cosmetics is easy but I hear mechanically these things are an absolute nightmare, and this is from a guy who has restored one himself. I am looking for a semaphore blade with lenses to add to my collection at some point too, do you have any clue as to where I might be able to obtain one where the prices are reasonable? When unknowledgeable people get anything railroad related they automatically think that its worth a million bucks.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

erie2882
Railroadfan...fan

ya, so you just read that now ! i just asked about the part between the cases , can you flip it around or what way it had to go in it fell out and i have't seen any info or paper work on that item alone . so i just went to a guys house fri and will be getting another 2a from the LVrr plus the blade its like new. and maybe another dwarf 2a too so and plus he has a bunch of two light blades i might buy i just are looking for some tips on them i did do some but are having trouble with some . and im not good with these computers ,other then that i love to post pictures iv'e got tons of them so whatever then

erie2882
Railroadfan...fan

and i already talked to csxco and said sorry i thought somebody was messing around ,so you should have read everything then, and i do take every thing in i DON'T like talking through a TV screen i guess im to old

erie2882
Railroadfan...fan

well hi all got my low volt one working and up now . im now working on my 110v dwarf for GCT and have it holding on yellow but are having trouble with the green snap contact and holding circuit has anybody messed around with these signals as for refined adjustment with the snap circuit