MI's Other Ferries Presentation

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

MI's Other Ferries Presentation

Unread post by AARR »

Posted by M Worrall on 2/24/2014, 11:25 pm
Hello,
I will be giving a reprise of my talk “Mining & Logging Carferries in Michigan” on March 10th to a local history group in Grand Rapids. This talk covers six non-common carrier car ferries: John Bagley’s railroad on Torch Lake and Portage Lake, the Cadillac & Northeastern on Muskrat Lake, the Champion Iron Company on Lake Michigamme, the Peerless Portland Cement Company on Lime Lake, M.D. Olds railroad on the Cheboygan River, and Hebard & Sons (later Ford) on Keweenaw Bay.

Come learn about the car ferry operation you did not know about…narrow gauge car ferries, a car ferry switched by horse & mule, and a car ferry that fed a funicular railroad. For those that saw this talk at the Michigan Railroad History Conference in November I have updated it with an additional operation and a couple of new images.

The talk will be at the West Michigan Postcard Club on March 10 at 1900hrs. The group meets at a new location - the Faith United Methodist Church, 2600 7th Street NW Grand Rapids and is open to the public.
See you there,
Cheers,
Mark Worrall
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...