Where Is This? (on GTW)

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Where Is This? (on GTW)

Unread post by AARR »

I'm hoping someone can help us identify this location.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

penn central
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Where Is This? (on GTW)

Unread post by penn central »

Hello Don i can't help stop thinking of the Grand Rapids Sub between Durand and Grand Rapids sometime in the Mid 1980's before the CMGN startup, That rail doesn't look all that heavy.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

penn central wrote:Hello Don i can't help stop thinking of the Grand Rapids Sub between Durand and Grand Rapids sometime in the Mid 1980's before the CMGN startup, That rail doesn't look all that heavy.
I was thinking the same thing but the person who took the photo (but can't remember where) is pretty confident its in SE MI. Probably on the Mt. Clemens, Romeo (unlikely), or Flint Sub. I'm leaning towards Smith's Creek on the Mt. Clemens Sub but am hoping someone will recognize the building and confirm or correctly identify where.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Posted by Ron on 2/23/2014, 12:34 pm, in reply to "Re: Wheres Diz 2-23"
This one looks a lot like Maddog's.

Except, the inside track(s) are no longer here and that kink in the rail just west of the crossing.

penn central
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by penn central »

Yep that looks like it, Thanks for posting before and after photo's its neat to see what it looked like before.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

penn central wrote:Yep that looks like it, Thanks for posting before and after photo's its neat to see what it looked like before.
Same here, I enjoy "Then and Now" pictures. The poster of the original picture thought the silo's were for grain but others guessed more likely they were for coal.